Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 601 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 601 Spoilers & Discussion

Yelnats

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Sorry to inform you, but regular vs irregular discourse fell victim to the very same type of machinations from which also suffered discourse of regular vs ranker, probably because these too were written by the same author. It just so happened that SIU first thoroughly prepares the ground with all the implications and insinuations, shows us something really serious beyond horizon, and then we end up watching some colorful rays and awkward poses in the air. And this is it. While unfinished fights or fights with diminished capabilities are kinda normal in shonen and are generally accepted, in case of SIU this is all we have. And it's not like he's paying such price to have coherent, consistent plot. That we do not have either. I mean, it is intriguing to find out full range of abilities of High Ranker number 15, and to see him beaten maybe not by 30% shinsu boost of High Ranker number 4 left arm. But the only intrigue that i myself see here is if Luslec as fisherman still has arms inventory and can pull out his "giant black hook which said to pierce just about anything" or if this info too got retconned. Well at least choreography in this last fight wasn't that bad. Honestly, i liked Bruce Lee stuff. And Luslec had plot armor from the beginning, we knew Urek didn't want to kill him. He could one-shot him at 25% just by not aiming deliberately to the side.
Sorry to inform you, but I just don't care about your attempt to lure me toward the ranker vs regular debate. I had already said I don't care about that topic, why forcing me to join that debate? I might even be on your side if I joined that debate.

I only care about the irregular vs towerborn restriction that Sazon meant. Previously, I ask Sazon about what restriction he meant when he said SIU put restriction early in the series regarding irregular vs towerborn (you then attempted to answer this question when it had already been answered). In case you don't realize, the answer he gave is that the restriction he meant is any irregulars are superior than towerborns.

It has been very clear that during the 1st season, Baam/Rachel (irregular) was potrayed as weaker than Yuri (towerborn), so the argument that SIU put restriction early in the series to make any irregulars superior than towerborns is false.

What SIU potrayed in the 1st season was that irregular will become a monster if they are allowed to grow. Yu Hansung explained that this is the reason that Floor of test is made, to weed out the potential danger before they can become dangerous to Zahard Empire. It means there is a point when some new irregulars are still inferior in power compared to test directors.

Last edited:

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irregulars (versus Towerborn):

Being inspired by some of the discussions ongoing, I will attempt to summarise my own understanding of SIU/TOG established lore on the matter.

1) The main difference between Irregulars and Towerborn is that they are able to act and exert power outside from the restrictions inherrent to the Tower, and thus inherrent to those who were born in the Tower.

2) Irregullars are not neccessarily going to be stronger than Tower born, however an irregullar's potential for growth and limits of growth are not subject to the Tower's restrictions, unless the irregullar concerned enters into a contract that places such limits on him/her.

3) Most irregugllars are very powerful for 3 reasons:

a) The Tower regulates who it pernits to enter it. Usually the Tower admits people who are capable of great feats or posses qualities that it seems to need for its evolution.
b) The kind of people who even attempt to challenge the Tower will already possess unusual qualities, such as courage and adventurism, strength, optimism. In other words they have a greater than average drive from the onset.
c) There is a Class of irregulars who are overpowered before they even entered the Tower, thus they can force their way into the Tower. Examples would be Phantaminum and Enryuu.

4) Special case irregulars.

There are Two special case, (LIKELY), Irregulars: They are Bam and Rachel.

Bam (My Opinion here) is a special case in that he something of a miracle child, he entered the tower clear eyed, naive, and pysically weak, but he possesd subconscious control of shinsoo inately, and a strong sense of naive friendship and loyalty. His entrance into the Tower may have been facilitated by the Tower itself Bam came in already gifted with extreme shinsoo ability. He is loaded with the ability to absorb and control not only shinsoo, but other kinds of powers like souls, or even demons and administrator fragments.

Rachel fell into the Tower when power from Bam opened a way into the Tower. Despite this, the Tower chose to accept Rachel (through Headon), probably as a counterfoil to Bam or perhaps as a kind of evil force (-ve compared with Bam's +ve). The questions regarding Rachel are still unanswered, but it is a fact that Headon, the Guardian of the entrance to the Tower allowed her to stay in there for a reason.

5) The Administrators: These creatures generally control and hold sway over the lives and happenings inside the Tower, BUT The Tower seems to overule and overide them when they are missing it's wants or desire to evolve. It would seem that Enryuu killing of the 43rd flr administrator and the introduction of Bam's existence into the Tower, was an attempt to rectify the Wrong direction that the administrators have allowed to happen inside the Tower when the 13GW who had lost their way, decided to turn it into their own private feifdom/playground to excercise unending decay and corruption.

The Tower may have decided thatthe 10GW had set the Tower on a path of corruption and lack of growth for the inhabittants, and meanwhile the administrators who are its caretakers failed to correct matters. The Tower then decided to bring Bam inside it to shake things up and remove the corruption and decay.

This is what I think TOG is all about. Rachel who is motivated to do the wrongest things will only end up bringing the best out of Bam in spite of herself.

Hope this was helpful, hope it didn't stray too far off topic.

Bigrong49

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you really taking Luslec's comment seriously?

By God, the guy loves talking nonsense, it's obvious he's not serious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude, are you serious?

Irregulars are exempt from any rules in the tower, so they can exercise power above any towerborn.

So any irregular > towerborn, this is the restriction that SIU imposed at the beginning of the series and today regrets it.
Unfortunately he’s going to continue to scale back that notion, a tough pill to swallow but the story and character development will be hampered severely if he doesn’t.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Unfortunately he’s going to continue to scale back that notion, a tough pill to swallow but the story and character development will be hampered severely if he doesn’t.
Why? It's Baam's job to deal with them anyway, if he so chooses. I hope he chooses not to and nobody else can or will.

If these groups are so desperate to keep Rachel around, then let her be their great savior.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmmm, Urek making the point that these revolutionaries are his prey... That's just weird isn't it? originally it was said that urek might have come into the tower searching for phantaminum... could it be that he suspects these revolutionaries work under phantamininum?

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
How else would Luslec know that Bam was taking that route and to clear Verane’s fleet?!?
Khel telling him where Baam's companions are going (since he can't see Baam's fate, he can only watch AA, Rak... 's fate).

How do you think Beliere found out about Enkidu??? Obviously from Luslec!
Why bother with Luslec when there's Gustang. Heck he even appeared in the flashback to blame Traumerei.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Hmmm, Urek making the point that these revolutionaries are his prey... That's just weird isn't it? originally it was said that urek might have come into the tower searching for phantaminum... could it be that he suspects these revolutionaries work under phantamininum?
He just doesn't want the Family Heads dead. They're the best and probably only potential source of information he has as far as getting out of the Tower. A bit hard to get anything out of them if they're no longer around.

I think he's taking them way more seriously than they merit, though. It honestly looks a bit ridiculous on his part.

Grace12025

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
With the amount of Traumerei's backstory in recent chapters, I guess SIU is dead set on killing him here.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
With the amount of Traumerei's backstory in recent chapters, I guess SIU is dead set on killing him here.
Nobody of any significance ever gets killed off in this story. Y'all folks are overthinking it with the 'death flags'. The flashback was about providing a tease for the monster that's sealed inside the sprout, not for the sake of giving any real insight into Traumerei.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Is it confirmed that there's a monster sealed inside the sprout?

hunterxyamani

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
but bellerin said that the monster who killed icarus ( maybe ) is in this place so i guess there is an entity there that's why gustang choosed this place anyway i cant wait to see baam using his power to face off traumei he got not choice now except facing him maybe if he summon levi traum will get his memory back and causing a changing in his actions after that...

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it confirmed that there's a monster sealed inside the sprout?
Rachel did ask Hwa Ryun to take her to the animal and Beliere just told Traum that the animal that torments him is here LOL!!!!

Honestly, this game helps Bam get to his senses! Did he expect to overcome Traum without Levi?!?!?!

Hopefully this game can give Bam the opportunity to capture Traum’s dragons!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Rachel did ask Hwa Ryun to take her to the animal and Beliere just told Traum that the animal that torments him is here LOL!!!!

Honestly, this game helps Bam get to his senses! Did he expect to overcome Traum without Levi?!?!?!

Hopefully this game can give Bam the opportunity to capture Traum’s dragons!
Ah, there was something like that. But iirc it's more like she asked to be taken to where bam is supposed to go, the animal bit was more of a comment before. I suppose enkido being sealed at the sprout would explain why gustang wants to take traumerei there. Though it seems weird that bellerir would spoil the surprise.

Hmmm, leviathan is still a very unreliable power. I wonder how much control bam has over it.... Normally it would appear his revolution based powers would be under his control but the leviathan seems like it could be more difficult. Even if he can control it he would need the full mimesis which is something which he has yet achieve with any of his powers. Bam taking the 3 water dragons from traumerei seems absolutely impossible at this point. The kraken is stronger than yaratcha and traumerei has not even boosted it's power as far as I can tell nor fused it to anything.

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm mistaking, but Urek was indeed obsessed with phantaminum until someone told it straight to his face that he'd get beat by him, and he accepted it and moved on. That was when he was mad he was in a lower rank than him.

Was that a blog post or did I dream that shit up?

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not sure if I'm mistaking, but Urek was indeed obsessed with phantaminum until someone told it straight to his face that he'd get beat by him, and he accepted it and moved on. That was when he was mad he was in a lower rank than him.

Was that a blog post or did I dream that shit up?
Blogpost but til he accepted it and move on it still debatable in here.