Theory - Traitor theories | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Traitor theories

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
1) I don’t know why you’re mentioned how long ago it was, so are you against there being a traitor at all? If so, then you’ve essentially debunked yourself because you’ve mentioned that Aoyama “knows” the traitor. How is that possible if there isn’t one?
150 chapters since 167-168. If Aoyama was a traitor theres no meaning in waiting for so long for revealing it after biggest shade was cast.
2) It’s kinda funny how you assume my Aoyama=Traitor theory was based PURELY on the exhibition drawing when it absolutely wasn’t. My post went into extensive detail about why I think Aoyama is the traitor, and only at the end did I mention the exhibition drawing.The whole point was that the day before I was thinking about how Aoyama is the traitor, and then I came on here and I happen to see the exhibition drawing after. It fit in perfectly.
I didnt. People now says he surely traitor just because of illustration. That what I meant. Should have written it better I suppose.
3) On what grounds can you say that Aoyama wouldn’t act this way if he was the traitor? Please explain yourself before you try to state something as fact. Yes, he could have potentially gave himself away, but he explained himself to Deku in a way that made sense, meaning that he can afford to act suspiciously and get away with it, which is why he is an ideal traitor.
Because he isnt idiot? What was even a point in that conversation if he is a traitor?
4) Bruh, you accuse me of jumping to conclusions when you seriously just came out of the blue and said “someone tried to kill aoyama during the festival”, without any explanation whatsoever.
Yeah, should have told I have posts about this in previous pages in this thread. If you want you can check up

Thatoneanimefan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
150 chapters since 167-168. If Aoyama was a traitor theres no meaning in waiting for so long for revealing it after biggest shade was cast.
I didnt. People now says he surely traitor just because of illustration. That what I meant. Should have written it better I suppose.
Because he isnt idiot? What was even a point in that conversation if he is a traitor?
Yeah, should have told I have posts about this in previous pages in this thread. If you want you can check up
1) Your first point is completely invalid. It is certainly not up to you to decide when and where the traitor gets revealed. It doesn’t matter if it has been 150 chapters, or 300 or 400, this by itself doesn’t prove anything. By this logic, anyone that you think is the traitor can’t be the traitor since they haven’t had any kind of real indication, ever throughout pretty much throughout the entire series. At least with Aoyama there has been clear indication, which is more than can be said for literally anyone else.

2) If you didn’t, then don’t suggest it when only a few posts ago I made a post detailing why Aoyama could be the traitor, and how the illustration was the final straw.

3) You ignored my point entirely. I went into detail explaining how he absolutely IS NOT an idiot, and you fail to address any of it. Since he is a traitor, he can act suspiciously and explain his behaviour to his peers which can push away any suspicion, which he did with Deku, meaning that your whole point of him being an idiot and potentially revealing himself is invalid, because Aoyama has prepared for such a situation. The simple fact that Aoyama hasn’t been found out yet is proof enough that you’re wrong here.

If you actually read my post which was very recent, I said that in the scenario that Aoyama is the traitor, he would be working with the Doctor (something I also explained previously) and since the doctor also knows about OFA, he probably knows about it and sent Aoyama to UA to find out about the potential next user of it, and he eventually figured out it was Deku and is now trying to get close to him. Like you mentioned, there could also be the possibility that he could protect Deku from the Doctor/AFO because he feels guilty about his actions and wants to turn on AFO/The Doctor.

Also, Aoyama being the traitor is the only real way I can see his and Midoriyas friendship have any narrative sense. Otherwise, what was the point of that? What purpose does it serve other than to sow seeds for a potential betrayal or something related to it? It’s like a Chekhov’s gun that’s never fired. The same reason why you think “it doesn’t make sense” is one of the reasons why it makes sense.

4) Okay sure, I might check it up, but you could at least explain some of your theory like I did, because it just sounds ridiculous that there was a super secret plot to kill Aoyama that no one knew about, before you even think that Aoyama could be the traitor.

Last edited:

avietar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Who are the quietest members of 1A?

Shoji? Hori did say he had a storyline in mind for Shoji...

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
1) Your first point is completely invalid. It is certainly not up to you to decide when and where the traitor gets revealed. It doesn’t matter if it has been 150 chapters, or 300 or 400, this by itself doesn’t prove anything. By this logic, anyone that you think is the traitor can’t be the traitor since they haven’t had any kind of real indication, ever throughout pretty much throughout the entire series. At least with Aoyama there has been clear indication, which is more than can be said for literally anyone else.
You just dont get what I meant. Thats fine. Lets skip this.

[/QUOTE]

The simple fact that Aoyama hasn’t been found out yet is proof enough that you’re wrong here.

[/QUOTE]Apparently you are Horikoshi Kohei because since last time I checked the manga traitor wasnt revealed yet...
If you actually read my post which was very recent, I said that in the scenario that Aoyama is the traitor, he would be working with the Doctor (something I also explained previously) and since the doctor also knows about OFA, he probably knows about it and sent Aoyama to UA to find out about the potential next user of it, and he eventually figured out it was Deku and is now trying to get close to him. Like you mentioned, there could also be the possibility that he could protect Deku from the Doctor/AFO because he feels guilty about his actions and wants to turn on AFO/The Doctor.
I might be wrong but I think by that time Afo already knew about next holder. I get what you are trying to say I just dont find it believable. If Aoyama really was a traitor he would find less suspicious way get close to Deku. Its not a game where you can afford to loose more than you get.
It's just not worth the hassle.

4) Okay sure, I might check it up, but you could at least explain some of your theory like I did, because it just sounds ridiculous that there was a super secret plot to kill Aoyama that no one knew about, before you even think that Aoyama could be the traitor.
During Festival Aoyama was suppose to act as disco ball hanging from the ceiling on a rope.
But then in 175
Its just my thought but I do suspect someone tried if not to kill then badly injure Aoyama

Thatoneanimefan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
You just dont get what I meant. Thats fine. Lets skip this.

The simple fact that Aoyama hasn’t been found out yet is proof enough that you’re wrong here.

Apparently you are Horikoshi Kohei because since last time I checked the manga traitor wasnt revealed yet...

I might be wrong but I think by that time Afo already knew about next holder. I get what you are trying to say I just dont find it believable. If Aoyama really was a traitor he would find less suspicious way get close to Deku. Its not a game where you can afford to loose more than you get.

1) No, I understood completely what you meant, you just can’t admit that you’re wrong.
In fact, I don’t think even you know what you meant here.

Also, are you mad? In what way is stating a FACT which disproves a point you’ve made, mean that I think I’m horikoshi? This is exactly what I called you out for, but you got mad and tried to throw this right back at me, but completely failed to actually explain why.

2) Sending Aoyama would be more than just to find out who has OFA, but also be to try and kidnap them, which could be why he’s trying to get close to Deku. I’ve explained god knows how many times that he is NOT blowing his cover by getting close to Deku or acting suspiciously around him because he explained his behaviour and is prepared for that, which is why he did it in the first place, and in this scenario, a huge point as to why he’s there is to be close to Deku in the first place (as well as just generally spying and sending info about the school, so the Doctor can tell the league to attack them). You literally can’t even comprehend that maybe he can act suspiciously if it mean getting closer to his target and that he has counter measures in place.

3) Bruh, THAT’S your evidence that someone tried to kill Aoyama during the festival? You just yourself stated that a traitor acting sus around Deku and getting close to him (despite him explaining his behaviour to push away suspicion) apparently was idiotic and wouldn’t make sense, but killing Aoyama in front of his friends during practice would be fine and would not arouse any suspicion at all and would make definitively cover their tracks, and definitely won’t just make things infinitely worse for them.

Is it possible that the rope was just overused due to practice?
Is it possible that this was done so that Deku would have an excuse to buy another rope from the store so he could encounter Gentle and LeBrava?

And you have the nerve to say that what I said about Aoyama targeting Deku “wasn’t believable” when you come up with this shit.

Last edited:

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
1) No, I understood completely what you meant, you just can’t admit that you’re wrong.
In fact, I don’t think even you know what you meant here.

Also, are you mad? In what way is stating a FACT which disproves a point you’ve made, mean that I think I’m horikoshi? This is exactly what I called you out for, but you got mad and tried to throw this right back at me, but completely failed to actually explain why.

2) Sending Aoyama would be more than just to find out who has OFA, but also be to try and kidnap them, which could be why he’s trying to get close to Deku. I’ve explained god knows how many times that he is NOT blowing his cover by getting close to Deku or acting suspiciously around him because he explained his behaviour and is prepared for that, which is why he did it in the first place, and in this scenario, a huge point as to why he’s there is to be close to Deku in the first place (as well as just generally spying and sending info about the school, so the Doctor can tell the league to attack them). You literally can’t even comprehend that maybe he can act suspiciously if it mean getting closer to his target and that he has counter measures in place.

3) Bruh, THAT’S your evidence that someone tried to kill Aoyama during the festival? You just yourself stated that a traitor acting sus around Deku and getting close to him (despite him explaining his behaviour to push away suspicion) apparently was idiotic and wouldn’t make sense, but killing Aoyama in front of his friends during practice would be fine and would not arouse any suspicion at all and would make definitively cover their tracks, and definitely won’t just make things infinitely worse for them.

Is it possible that the rope was just overused due to practice?
Is it possible that this was done so that Deku would have an excuse to buy another rope from the store so he could encounter Gentle and LeBrava?

And you have the nerve to say that what I said about Aoyama targeting Deku “wasn’t believable” when you come up with this shit.
Huge post just to say you dont listen to anyone... You think Aoyama is a traitor? Fine. I understand he acted strange. But I dont get what you are doing in this thread since its for DISCUSSING and not BLINDLY BELIEVING.

Last edited:

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Huge post to just say you dont listen to anyone... You think Aoyama is a traitor? Fine. I understand he acted strange. But I dont get what you are doing in this thread since its for DISCUSSING and not BLINDLY BELIEVING.
I think you could make an interesting argument around interpreting Aoyama's character moments, since there always seemed to be weird over tones in some of them. Like, unlike the others, even when Aoyama is being "open" with others, he does seem quiet reserved, and even melancholy for fairly inexplicable reasons.

And that exhibition piece, while not confirming anything, does definitely suggest something potentially in the future.

In saying that though, that isn't really definitive proof, but its stuff to consider.

The most we saw of Aoyama was in chapter 108 really, where he revealed all he ever wanted was to feel equal to others, which is a very sort of nondescript dream.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My only question about Aoyama being the traitor is, if he really was the culprit, why did he save Tokoyami back in the forest then?

To be honest, I’ve pretty much written him off the list of possible traitors, but I have started considering there may be more than one traitor, and one of them has turned on AFO.

Koda.

Koda easily.
Ah, yes. It all makes sense. Right after we got that Kamijirou moment in the last arc, Kaminari will get spurred on by Midnight’s last words, and confess to her. When Deku comes back, imagine his surprise when he finds out they’re dating. Meanwhile, something is afoot with (heartbroken) Kouda.....

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My only question about Aoyama being the traitor is, if he really was the culprit, why did he save Tokoyami back in the forest then?

To be honest, I’ve pretty much written him off the list of possible traitors, but I have started considering there may be more than one traitor, and one of them has turned on AFO.
That could be interesting.
Ah, yes. It all makes sense. Right after we got that Kamijirou moment in the last arc, Kaminari will get spurred on by Midnight’s last words, and confess to her. When Deku comes back, imagine his surprise when he finds out they’re dating. Meanwhile, something is afoot with (heartbroken) Kouda.....
That actually sounds nice.

However, I don't think Kaminari has the balls to confess his feelings for anyone yet. I think his going to need one or two more shonen courage moments before he gets there.:super

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I think you could make an interesting argument around interpreting Aoyama's character moments, since there always seemed to be weird over tones in some of them. Like, unlike the others, even when Aoyama is being "open" with others, he does seem quiet reserved, and even melancholy for fairly inexplicable reasons.

And that exhibition piece, while not confirming anything, does definitely suggest something potentially in the future.

In saying that though, that isn't really definitive proof, but its stuff to consider.

The most we saw of Aoyama was in chapter 108 really, where he revealed all he ever wanted was to feel equal to others, which is a very sort of nondescript dream.
Aoyama is odd indeed. But I would say 167-168 was odd even for him. But the strangest thing is that 150 chapters latter its still not addressed. If Aoyama was a traitor it would make more sense to reveal him shortly after that but let it hang like that for 4 year and then just "yeah, he is traitor"? Personally I doubt.
Honestly I am surprised with traitor plot. When it first was established ( I mean when Mic announced they have a rat) I believed it was going to be revealed soon. But here we are in arguably last part of the story and it still here. This means its something Kohei put a lot of emphasis on. It make me think its going to be someone more important than Aoyama. I might be wrong though.
Koda.

Koda easily.
He is but what Aoyama wrote doesnt necessarily means quiet. It might also means friendly person.
Video going into why Nezu is the likely traitor.

You know Kohei get the game when people still suspect Nezu just because he is rodent...

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Aoyama is odd indeed. But I would say 167-168 was odd even for him. But the strangest thing is that 150 chapters latter its still not addressed. If Aoyama was a traitor it would make more sense to reveal him shortly after that but let it hang like that for 4 year and then just "yeah, he is traitor"? Personally I doubt.
Honestly I am surprised with traitor plot. When it first was established ( I mean when Mic announced they have a rat) I believed it was going to be revealed soon. But here we are in arguably last part of the story and it still here. This means its something Kohei put a lot of emphasis on. It make me think its going to be someone more important than Aoyama. I might be wrong though.
I think that the thing about 167 and 168 is that its supposed to throw off people thinking him as a potential traitor(at least, thats one reading of that chapter). You could say the same for Aoyama saving Tokoyami as well.

Either way, I'm not terribly attached to the theory, I'm just tossing it out as a possibility.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who are the quietest members of 1A?

Shoji? Hori did say he had a storyline in mind for Shoji...
Shoji and Koda.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

but I have started considering there may be more than one traitor, and one of them has turned on AFO.
Your not the only one who thinks there are multiple traitors and it’s not uncommon in Shonen for there to be multiple traitors.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Shoji and Koda.

Your not the only one who thinks there are multiple traitors and it’s not uncommon in Shonen for there to be multiple traitors.
Imagine

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Lol. Anyway, if it is multiple people, that just makes it even more difficult to guess who it is since we pretty much have to be random.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
That’s what it looked like on the surface, however that doesn’t explain blatantly suspicious behaviour. In fact, the very reason he even made that observation about Dekus quirk is because he’s monitoring him. That could also be why he made the observation about Ochakos crush before even she realised it, and why he doesn’t really hang out with other classmates because he is monitoring them and wants to keep his distance since he is the traitor.

I think what happened was that Aoyama noticed that Deku has OFA (he would know this if he is working with the Doctor instead of directly with the league themselves) and wants to get close to Deku because of it. Of course he’s not going to come out and say exactly why he wants to be friends with Deku as that would reveal he is the traitor, so he comes up with a half truth instead, because what Aoyama said about wanting to be “friends” because of what he noticed about Dekus quirk wasn’t even wrong.

So basically, I think Horikoshi wrote the scenes with Aoyama so it would seem like he is a red herring, that way it would still be a surprise when it is revealed he is the traitor while also not having it come completely out of nowhere.

Stuff like being “scared” in the camp wasn’t fear as much as it was guilt of having called the villains over to have them terrorise and potentially even kill his “friends”. It would also make sense if the villains themselves didn’t recognise him because he is working for the Doctor as opposed to them.

How does he know the doctor? Well thats because as a kid he had serious trouble with his quirk, and who’s the Doctor we know people go to when kids have issues with their quirks? Yeah, Ujiko. In fact I wouldn’t even be surprised if Aoyamas quirk itself was given to him by some fucked up experiment Doctor Ujiko did.

In the provisional license exam, Aoyama wanted Ida to leave him and have him pass the test without him and let him fail, and he even tried to sacrifice his own attempt to pass just to help Ida. It’s only out of sheer luck that this worked out for him. Why did he want Ida to leave him and let him fail? Well that’s because he is guilt ridden about being the traitor and doesn’t think he deserves Idas concern or care after what he did.

Not to mention that he is quite literally the ONLY student that we have seen acting suspiciously, when we have been told that there is a traitor. No way can that JUST be for a red herring, especially after everything I mentioned here.

Also, what point is there for Aoyama to become friends with Deku and why have the story focus on that in that way? Like what would be the payoff or why was it put in if it has no point in the narrative?
That’s because the entire point of them to become “friends” is so that it means something when Aoyama betrays him. That’s the only reason the chapters focusing on the Aoyama/Deku friendship make sense in a narrative setting and aren’t completely pointless.

Then I come on here and see the Aoyama stuff at the exhibition event, just when I was thinking of this Aoyama=traitor theory. This just makes WAY too much sense, and in my mind, Aoyama is 95% confirmed to be the traitor if there is one.

Bruh, your “Ochako=Traitor” theories are so far fetched and take such insane leaps in logic that this reveal wouldn’t be “shocking”, it would just be comical and ridiculous.
A traitor reveal has to make sense first, then have shock value considered after. You have seemed to only focus on shock value and ignored everything else to the point where it’s more funny than shocking. Shock value only works if it makes sense.
95%? With a claim like that, I reread those two chapters with Aoyama freaking out Deku. Sorry, I just don't see things your way.

My take on those chapters is Aoyama is a kid who's bad at making friends. He seemingly wants too, (Him asking everyone do they want to where he was doing the USJ arc could be interpreted as him trying to make friends.) but his attempts come off as being "weird". If Aoyoma was the spy, he should be better at inserting himself into people's lives. This is AFO and The Doctor's spy. That person is gonna be REAL good at their job (Especially with Nezu trying to find the traitor). Acting suspicious is the last thing a good spy would do. My Hero Vigilantes is proof enough those two know how to hire (or create, infect, etc.) the right people for whatever they need done.

You're also giving Aoyama a lot of passes for someone supposedly being a spy. Him helping at the last minute during the Summer Camp Arc out of nowhere was a guilty conscious? Not impossible, but that's taking an enormous risk when the League reports back to Shigaraki (and AFO) someone with a laser quirk shot Mr. Compress.

Aoyoma mentioned his quirk was hereditary. Ujiko couldn't have given it to him unless he's lying. And that's a pretty flimsy lie that's easy to prove wrong if he was. Again, not a smart move for a spy.

I think Aoyama wanted Ida to escape during the Provisional Exam because he was fast enough to do so without him and didn't want Ida failing because he was protecting him. Aoyama's a good guy. Anyone in Class A would've suggested he do the same in his position.

The traitor revelation won't be out of nowhere if it's Invisible Girl.

Aoyama himself mentioned he's been watching Deku since the UA Entrance Exam when he first wrecked his body. This seems to be the first time Aoyama's seen someone with a quirk that hurts their body like his does and has been keeping tabs on him ever since. Aoyama noticed Deku acting more frantic after the Overhaul Arc and assumed it was stress about his quirk and tried cheering him up. All I'm seeing are those chapters being a red herring, nothing more.

As for that picture of Aoyama with the eyeball creature, I'm not sure what that means, but I'd rather trust clues dropped in the manga itself than it.

Last edited:

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Okay, here one thought I have had for awhile. I suspect Ochako might have double split personality and thats somehow connected to her quirk ( like maybe she has ability not only make objects have no gravity but reverse too: give them extra gravity). I think its worth noting that out of all A class character only two people doesnt have their quirk hinted in their names. First being Uraraka with second being...Aoyama. Anyway its just my thought but I find curious this sketch of Kohei for 5 season start.
Two people but three set of dishes

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Okay, here one thought I have had for awhile. I suspect Ochako might have double split personality and thats somehow connected to her quirk ( like maybe she has ability not only make objects have no gravity but reverse too: give them extra gravity). I think its worth noting that out of all A class character only two people doesnt have their quirk hinted in their names. First being Uraraka with second being...Aoyama. Anyway its just my thought but I find curious this sketch of Kohei for 5 season start.
Two people but three set of dishes
That image is not working.

I guess its interesting to think its Uraraka, but I don't see how it possibly could be her even with the split personality.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
That image is not working.
Its working for me. This sketch
I guess its interesting to think its Uraraka, but I don't see how it possibly could be her even with the split personality.
Its funny because I dont see why people just dont give it a thought. Kohei for the most part is consistent with his character writing ( he might not develop curtain characters enough but consistency wise he is good) thats why his writing on Ochako does really stand out not in good way. Her motive about money? Never mentioned again after Sport Festival. The reason for putting aside her feelings for Deku? Strictly speaking never was stated. Maybe because bnha character writing mostly consistent her inconsistency doesnt really hit you. But when you think about it - yeah, its here.