Theory - Traitor theories | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Traitor theories

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if someone says it I'm 95 % sure that this person is the traitor....it's really just a fancy way of saying I'm not sure or I don't know lol

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Even if someone says it I'm 95 % sure that this person is the traitor....it's really just a fancy way of saying I'm not sure or I don't know lol
Even if 99% lol. But that kinda a point of this trope.

JazzMazz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Its working for me. This sketch
Oh yeah, what's the translation for that?
Its funny because I dont see why people just dont give it a thought. Kohei for the most part is consistent with his character writing ( he might not develop curtain characters enough but consistency wise he is good) thats why his writing on Ochako does really stand out not in good way. Her motive about money? Never mentioned again after Sport Festival. The reason for putting aside her feelings for Deku? Strictly speaking never was stated. Maybe because bnha character writing mostly consistent her inconsistency doesnt really hit you. But when you think about it - yeah, its here.
Yeah, but I think that we do know the reasoning and thinking behind Ochako's name. While it doesn't reference her ability, it references her cheerful and cute demeanour. Her motive for money is sort of resolved in the sports festival, and everything after it is her wanting to become a hero because she wants to help people, and is more about how she wants to help people. Although not explicitly stated, its still incredibly heavily implied that she put aside her feelings for Deku so she could become a better hero.

Like, Uraraka's story is very subtle in comparison to a lot of other characters in MHA.

I think her being a traitor would be interesting, but by the way Hori talks of Uraraka, I don't think she'll flip on her head and become the traitor without it feeling a bit forced.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Yeah, but I think that we do know the reasoning and thinking behind Ochako's name. While it doesn't reference her ability, it references her cheerful and cute demeanour. Her motive for money is sort of resolved in the sports festival, and everything after it is her wanting to become a hero because she wants to help people, and is more about how she wants to help people. Although not explicitly stated, its still incredibly heavily implied that she put aside her feelings for Deku so she could become a better hero.

Like, Uraraka's story is very subtle in comparison to a lot of other characters in MHA.

I think her being a traitor would be interesting, but by the way Hori talks of Uraraka, I don't think she'll flip on her head and become the traitor without it feeling a bit forced.
And Hori also said that Uraraka will become a light of hope for readers, so that doesn't feel congruent with her being a traitor.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Here
And Hori also said that Uraraka will become a light of hope for readers, so that doesn't feel congruent with her being a traitor.
True this is probably the most anti Uraraka traitor thing coming from Kohei. But strictly speaking it can also be twisted in some way. This was also from Kohei

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here

True this is probably the most anti Uraraka traitor thing coming from Kohei. But strictly speaking it can also be twisted in some way. This was also from Kohei
Thanks for that.

Yeah, not sure how to work in that character profile to her being a traitor.

At least you could probably say for Aoyama, there is a darker side of his character that is hinted to, and his a character who is rather secretive.

Can't really say the same for Uraraka.

whateva

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What relevance to the story would revealing the traitor at this point, though? Maybe they notified AFO that Deku left UA, but that's about all I can think of now. The whole traitor plot should have been resolved ages ago.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly until Hori reveals it I feel like it's a forgotten plotpoint. But if it gets revealed at the point it should be significant. Hopefully (if it exists) its lands better than the Mirio comeback.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What relevance to the story would revealing the traitor at this point, though? Maybe they notified AFO that Deku left UA, but that's about all I can think of now. The whole traitor plot should have been resolved ages ago.
People want the UA traitor to lead to a massive assault on UA.

whateva

Reaction score
Country
United States
People want the UA traitor to lead to a massive assault on UA.
Ah, I see.

Honestly until Hori reveals it I feel like it's a forgotten plotpoint. But if it gets revealed at the point it should be significant. Hopefully (if it exists) its lands better than the Mirio comeback.
My only thing is that who could it realistically be so that the reveal has an impact? Right now, whoever it would turn out to be would be a character that probably doesn't fit the bill or a character people don't really care about. Aoyama is suspected because of his interactions with Deku and that drawing Hori made, but even then I doubt him being revealed as the traitor would generate much conversation.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ah, I see.

My only thing is that who could it realistically be so that the reveal has an impact? Right now, whoever it would turn out to be would be a character that probably doesn't fit the bill or a character people don't really care about. Aoyama is suspected because of his interactions with Deku and that drawing Hori made, but even then I doubt him being revealed as the traitor would generate much conversation.
I feel like for the traitor reveal to be impactful, they need to do something absolutely massive to warrant the readers giving a crap.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know... you may be onto something there.. So we know there is a spy in UA, right? People have put forward a few likely suspects: Invisible chick and Monoma (copy quirk guy) up at the top of those lists, but what about Aoyama? What if he was trying to tell Deku that his quirk isn’t naturally his either? Like he, or his parents, made a deal with AFO to give him a quirk as a child? Which indebts him to AFO and makes him a willing, or at least indebted, spy? Maybe Aoyama thinks Deku ALSO got his quirk from AFO?

Dian96

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I have a few theories about who the traitor might be:
- The invisible girl (because of her quirk);
- Asui (because of her personality and the fact that we didn't see her room, she might have pulled that "I'm sorry because I didn't support drama" in order to divert their attention);
- Most importantly I think that the traitor might not be from the Hero class at all so in this case I feel that Hatsume Mei might be the traitor.
The reason I think so it's because we only saw her talking about her creations, her babies. She used Iida in order to promote these babies of hers and didn't really care about winning. I think she's a grey character and if she has the opportunity to benefit from the collaboration with AFO then she would take it. There is a scene in the 3rd season, episode 3 where we see Toga saying that the equipment she's wearing is made by the "person behind the scene" (It's only in the anime if i'm not mistaken). I think Hatsume could've made the equipment for them and was the person who informed Shigaraki about the camping place (because she could've placed a bug or something to get the infos, since she's from the school it's not that difficult for her).

What make me more suspicious about her is...
The current events that are occuring in the manga showd us that people are using support items to defend themselves. The situation benefits her more than ever

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few theories about who the traitor might be:
- The invisible girl (because of her quirk);
- Asui (because of her personality and the fact that we didn't see her room, she might have pulled that "I'm sorry because I didn't support drama" in order to divert their attention);
- Most importantly I think that the traitor might not be from the Hero class at all so in this case I feel that Hatsume Mei might be the traitor.
The reason I think so it's because we only saw her talking about her creations, her babies. She used Iida in order to promote these babies of hers and didn't really care about winning. I think she's a grey character and if she has the opportunity to benefit from the collaboration with AFO then she would take it. There is a scene in the 3rd season, episode 3 where we see Toga saying that the equipment she's wearing is made by the "person behind the scene" (It's only in the anime if i'm not mistaken). I think Hatsume could've made the equipment for them and was the person who informed Shigaraki about the camping place (because she could've placed a bug or something to get the infos, since she's from the school it's not that difficult for her).

The current events that are occuring in the manga showd us that people are using support items to defend themselves. The situation benefits her more than ever
Or there could be multiple traitors and Hatsume is one of the traitors.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Or there could be multiple traitors and Hatsume is one of the traitors.
Huh, hadn't considered that Hatsume could be a traitor. I like the idea that there could be multiple.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So this week anime going to adapt two moments I personally found... baffling. I must add that some details muy past me so if I understood something wrong correct me. First this moment.

I might be wrong but isnt it strange that Ochako used "quirkless" term here? Doesnt she use strictly speaking scientic term here? I dont think calling fighting without quirk ( for some reason) would warrant using it? I might be wrong though. Second

Ochako pretty surely said that Mononoma couldnt copy Dekus quirk. Even though Mono himself thought he might. I dont sure I got it right but I think this was explanation?

Ochako knew that Mononoma has already copied three quirks so he couldnt do one more. But as he himself pointed out the whole idea that just because he has three pocket watches he can copy only three quirk is pretty naive and sound like a trap. So it did feel to me that Uraraka just knew Mono wouldnt be able copy Ofa.
You know... you may be onto something there.. So we know there is a spy in UA, right? People have put forward a few likely suspects: Invisible chick and Monoma (copy quirk guy) up at the top of those lists, but what about Aoyama? What if he was trying to tell Deku that his quirk isn’t naturally his either? Like he, or his parents, made a deal with AFO to give him a quirk as a child? Which indebts him to AFO and makes him a willing, or at least indebted, spy? Maybe Aoyama thinks Deku ALSO got his quirk from AFO?
Its not the first time I read "Aoyama is actually quirkless" theory. But first time it was his belt actually his navel lazer quirk. Yours sounds more coherent. For justice as I pointed prior Aoyama and Ochako are only two people in Class A whose quirk isnt hinted in their names.( Though in Aoyama`s case I think it is hinted but in humorous way). But overall I really doubt its Aoyama. But I am curious to see if my personal thoughts about him are true.

I was waiting for someone finally pointing at Mei. Good points here however let me say my thoughts. First of all Mei isnt that important ( at least at current stage ) to make good use of traitor trope. Though if you ask me if she has enough to warrant it I would say yes. With stretch but yes. Second. While its true that Mei probably can install bug on her inventions I think people should remember that she is very talented but still a student. Her inventions most likely checked by Power Loader prior given to user. Finally third. I dont remember Hatsume being crazy about money. Of course she probably want money for her inventions but I dont think she is that money hungry. Plus if you think about it I believe working for pro heroes would be way more effective and stable way to earn a lot of money.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So this week anime going to adapt two moments I personally found... baffling. I must add that some details muy past me so if I understood something wrong correct me. First this moment.

I might be wrong but isnt it strange that Ochako used "quirkless" term here? Doesnt she use strictly speaking scientic term here? I dont think calling fighting without quirk ( for some reason) would warrant using it? I might be wrong though. Second

Ochako pretty surely said that Mononoma couldnt copy Dekus quirk. Even though Mono himself thought he might. I dont sure I got it right but I think this was explanation?

Ochako knew that Mononoma has already copied three quirks so he couldnt do one more. But as he himself pointed out the whole idea that just because he has three pocket watches he can copy only three quirk is pretty naive and sound like a trap. So it did feel to me that Uraraka just knew Mono wouldnt be able copy Ofa.
For Monoma's thing, I think its implied that by copying OFA, he'd have to have bumped off one of his quirks that his already copied. I think she was just hedging a bit. Something I only noticed on looking at that panel again is that Monoma does have Deku's typical OFA effects around him.

And I think quirkless is just a term thrown around. Think Aisawa may use it in a similar sort of way when erasing peoples quirks.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Its not the first time I read "Aoyama is actually quirkless" theory. But first time it was his belt actually his navel lazer quirk. Yours sounds more coherent. For justice as I pointed prior Aoyama and Ochako are only two people in Class A whose quirk isnt hinted in their names.( Though in Aoyama`s case I think it is hinted but in humorous way). But overall I really doubt its Aoyama. But I am curious to see if my personal thoughts about him are true.
I'm going to invert this and say that its less likely that they wanted Aoyama to be given a quirk. I'd say if Aoyama is a traitor, the thing that is more likely is that they'd want to "fix" Aoyama's quirk.

Aoyama's complex is about wanting to feel equal to others. His quirk while potent is also a disability, with him needing to wear a belt to protect himself, my guess would be that someone like Aoyama's motive would be to get or improve his ability so he wouldn't have that restriction.

That's more thematically resonant with Aoyama's character than him just being given a quirk as a child.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasn't he acting that way to connect with Deku? He believed both he and Deku had quirks that didn't fit their bodies.

I was waiting for someone finally pointing at Mei. Good points here however let me say my thoughts. First of all Mei isnt that important ( at least at current stage ) to make good use of traitor trope. Though if you ask me if she has enough to warrant it I would say yes. With stretch but yes. Second. While its true that Mei probably can install bug on her inventions I think people should remember that she is very talented but still a student. Her inventions most likely checked by Power Loader prior given to user. Finally third. I dont remember Hatsume being crazy about money. Of course she probably want money for her inventions but I dont think she is that money hungry. Plus if you think about it I believe working for pro heroes would be way more effective and stable way to earn a lot of money.
Well, born quirkless anyway. I do believe he has a quirk now, and that his body isn’t suited for it, but the origin of said quirk is really the lynchpin of my theory, if he got it from AFO anyway..

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Something just came to me!

What if the traitor is someone that the author said he wanted to feature in a future arc? Someone who has a heteromorph quirk, with a face that makes people scream, and who probably faced discrimination?

What if the traitor is Shoji?

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Nice try, but no dice. Remember who tried to save Bakugou and Tokoyami back in the forest arc along with Deku and Todoroki?