Discussion - Who is the 9th Guild Master? | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who is the 9th Guild Master?

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How did I strike a dead end when you've failed to answer the one question I asked you? Or are you saying that an incapitated Natsu who wasn't even conscious when Dimaria captured him and who couldn't even move beforehand was able to use brute strength to break out of magic sealing cuffs that have never been shown to be able to be broken by brute strength before?

I'm not going to argue with you. The manga scans clearly revealed that it was indeed Natsu who broke Age Seal.

END was not yet unleashed at that time. You are practically arguing against manga feats right now.

I don't give a shit what his intentions were, you yourself claimed eariler that it's the outcome that matters, and in this situation the outcome is that Makarov failed miserably and put the lives of his family at risk to get him out of an ordeal he put himself through.
Makarov had a duty to protect Fairy Heart. He had to negotiate with Alvarez in order to spare the lives of the guild. Alvarez would soon be invading Ishgar for Fairy Heart.

Makarov had to do what he had to do.

Natsu had no reason to solo Zeref. It was uncalled for. Especially since he wasted Igneel's magic.

Unnecessary? Natsu had a chance to end the entire war and prevent further bloodshed and you call it unnecessary?

Natsu took an unnecessary risk. He tried to solo Zeref himself. He was gambling high stakes for an outcome which was so far out of reach.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dragons were also stated to be unbeatable by normal human magics. Dragons can function even when face wipes out all magic from the continent, and face is more impressive than iced shell. Also, iced shell takes a while to cast and has been interrupted multiple times before. There's absolutely nothing stopping Acnologia from just tearing a hole in Gray when he crosses his arms.

Ur could still fight without a leg, and she can tank Deliora's breath attack. If she wanted to run away and escape, she probably could have...especially since Deliora wasn't singling her out specifically. The only reason she didn't was because she wanted to seal Deliora for Gray.

Iced Shell doesn't beat their opponents. It seals their opponent. A major difference there.

Iced Shell was casted very quickly by Ur.

Iced Shell was only interrupted on purpose, usually because the character is giving a speech before he/she casts it.

"There is absolutely nothing stopping Acnologia from just tearing a hole in Gray when he crosses his arms." ~ Axiomus

You know, that statement is really funny considering, earlier I said:

"There is absolutely nothing stopping Zeref from putting 9 holes in the book of END." ~ Nemispelled

You see why I was against both Gray soloing Acnologia and Natsu soloing Zeref?

You understand now? I never thought Gray or Natsu should solo either of the 2 villains. It was the community's bias that led to these 2 statement.

In no way did I ever support Gray soloing Acnologia originally.

I just pretended to be an advocate to prove my point.

I think you get my point...

And by the way:

Ur was losing against Deliora. She could only run away because Deliora didn't care to kill her specifically.

But Deliora had more than enough power to wipe her off the map if he wanted to.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Iced Shell doesn't beat their opponents. It seals their opponent. A major difference there.

Iced Shell was casted very quickly by Ur.

Iced Shell was only interrupted on purpose, usually because the character is giving a speech before he/she casts it.
Iced Shell took Ur a long time to cast. Deliora and Ur simply weren't strong enough to get close enough to Ur to stop it.
Acnologia shouldn't have this problem, as neither Natsu nor Silver did.
"There is absolutely nothing stopping Acnologia from just tearing a hole in Gray when he crosses his arms." ~ Axiomus

You know, that statement is really funny considering, earlier I said:

"There is absolutely nothing stopping Zeref from putting 9 holes in the book of END." ~ Nemispelled

You see why I was against both Gray soloing Acnologia and Natsu soloing Zeref?

You understand now? I never thought Gray or Natsu should solo either of the 2 villains. It was the community's bias that led to these 2 statement.

In no way did I ever support Gray soloing Acnologia originally.

I just pretended to be an advocate to prove my point.

I think you get my point...
Again, the difference is that Natsu had no way of knowing that he was Zeref's brother or that he was END. How could he have possibly known that Zeref could poke holes in his book!? If it had been anybody else, then using Igneel's power to take out Zeref is a perfectly legitimate plan. Literally nobody else in the series has the very specific weakness of having their lifelline in the hands of their opponent, who also happens to take you down when they die.

The same cannot be said for iced shell. The cast-time and ability to be overpowered are simply physical limits of what the magic can do. Acnologia can blitz anybody in the series if he wanted to. Anybody who wants to ice shell Acnologia needs to get around the fact that Acnologia can blitz you before you make your move. Having Iced Shell is simply insufficient in taking down Acnologia.

. Let me put it this way: August know every type of magic there is to know. This should include stuff like iced shell, or even stopping time like Zeref or Dimaria can. August is no match for Acnologia. The power-level is simply too large. On the other hand, Igneel was on Acnologia's level. Igneel is also more powerful than END, and END can supposedly kill Zeref. Anybody wielding Igneel's magical power should rightfully be able to kill Zeref. The only reason Natsu couldn't was because he was going to die if he went through with it, and a friend convinced him not to land the final blow.

And by the way:
Ur was losing against Deliora. She could only run away because Deliora didn't care to kill her specifically.
But Deliora had more than enough power to wipe her off the map if he wanted to.
Either way, ripping out Acnologia's arm is more impressive than simply taking out Deliora. Deliora isn't even all that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not true. Iced Shell took Ur a long time to cast. Deliora and Ur simply weren't strong enough to get close enough to Ur to stop it.
Acnologia shouldn't have this problem, as neither Natsu nor Silver did.

During that whole time when Ur's body was turning to ice, Deliora was already stuck in the Iced Shell spell.

It's not like he could still dodge it at that point otherwise he would have just sent a roar straight to Ur and vaporize her body.

Again, the difference is that Natsu had no way of knowing that he was Zeref's brother or that he was END. How could he have possibly known that Zeref could poke holes in his book!? If it had been anybody else, then using Igneel's power to take out Zeref is a perfectly legitimate plan. Literally nobody else in the series has the very specific weakness of having their lifelline in the hands of their opponent, who also happens to take you down with you when they die.
Let me put it this way: August know every type of magic there is to know. This should include stuff like iced shell, or even stopping time like Zeref or Dimaria can. August is no match for Acnologia. The power-level is simply too large. On the other hand, Igneel was on Acnologia's level. Igneel is also more powerful than END. END can kill Zeref. Anybody wielding Igneel's magical power should rightfully be able to kill Zeref. The only reason Natsu couldn't was because he was going to die if he went through with it, and a friend convinced him not to land the final blow.

Again, just because you wield a magic that should rightfully be able to kill Zeref, is it smart to try to solo Zeref?

There is no reason Natsu had to solo Zeref.

Time was not an issue for Natsu.. Natsu simply took the risk and tried to gamble.

He didn't think of potential factors that could hinder his performance (aka the book of END).

Either way, ripping out Acnologia's arm is more impressive than simply taking out Deliora. Deliora isn't even all that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

I never said taking out Deliora is more impressive than ripping out Acnologia's arm. I'm simply saying that Iced Shell is a powerful spell that can seal their opponents.

But it gives Gray no rights to try to solo Acnologia.

That is just dumb and no common sense. Same with Natsu and Zeref.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
During that whole time when Ur's body was turning to ice, Deliora was already stuck in the Iced Shell spell.

It's not like he could still dodge it at that point otherwise he would have just sent a roar straight to Ur and vaporize her body.

Again, just because you wield a magic that should rightfully be able to kill Zeref, is it smart to try to solo Zeref?

There is no reason Natsu had to solo Zeref.

Time was no an issue.. Natsu simply took the risk and tried to gamble.

He didn't think of potential factors that could hinder his performance (aka the book of END).

I never said taking out Deliora is more impressive than ripping out Acnologia's arm. I'm simply saying that Iced Shell is a powerful spell that can seal their opponents.

But it gives Gray no rights to try to solo Acnologia.

That is just dumb and no common sense. Same with Natsu and Zeref.
As with everything else, I believe power-level will effect how one reacts to iced shell. It would depend on the level of the caster and target. Deliora was too weak and was getting overpowered by Ur's version, but Natsu was able to get close to Gray's pre-skip version, and Silver was able to overpower Gray's Tartarus version. If a dragon can still maintain their magic while crashing their body through hundreds of face towers, then I believe they can still function under the pressure of iced shell under anyone's cast. Also, Deliora wasn't exactly portrayed to be intelligent. It may have simply not had the reaction to roar, even if it technically could.

Obviously more people means more firepower. However, I'm guessing Natsu didn't want to risk the lives of anyone else. He probably figured that Igneel's power would be enough to take down any opponent, and he's not wrong on this point. Again, the reason he failed was because of conditions that were out of his control. There's simply no way for him to be able to predict that he was END. You could say that he wasted Igneel's power on Zeref, but how could he have possibly known that to be the case before finding out the truth?

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not going to argue with you. The manga scans clearly revealed that it was indeed Natsu who broke Age Seal.

END was not yet unleashed at that time. You are practically arguing against manga feats right now.
Makarov had a duty to protect Fairy Heart. He had to negotiate with Alvarez in order to spare the lives of the guild. Alvarez would soon be invading Ishgar for Fairy Heart.

Makarov had to do what he had to do.

Natsu had no reason to solo Zeref. It was uncalled for. Especially since he wasted Igneel's magic.
Are you going to actually read the things I said in my comment or are you just going to keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again like a broken record? If you don't even have the decency to understand your opponent's argument before you attack it then I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself because of your incompetence.

Natsu took an unnecessary risk. He tried to solo Zeref himself. He was gambling high stakes for an outcome which was so far out of reach.
Natsu was literally inches away from succeeding. Far out of reach my ass.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Lets be real. It needs to be Laxus for his sake and it should be Laxus for the guild's sake. I consider myself the biggest Laxus wanker this side of mangahelpers though @Stormsfury, @~Charging Lightning~, or @Laxus may have a thing or two to say about that (team Laxus too stronk) but I really feel that objectively speaking it is best for the story. And the other big candidate, Erza, is suitable but not as ideal.

Laxus's life goal was to become master. It used to be for the wrong reasons but now he is on the straight and narrow and completely demonstrates the principles which should guide FT. He has demonstrated it multiple times. He confronted his own father who he used to look up to for attacking Lucy and Gray. He sucked in a wad of poison to save his friends and people around him. He always comes back to save his guildmembers (he's had like 3 epic entrances so far). Sure Erza also cherishes the values of FT and has done so longer so currently they are equal from that standpoint.

But Laxus is far stronger than Erza and would better keep everyone in line. Erza is strong too but lets be real, most of her intimidation factor is used for gags now. When it really matters, people like Gray are not one bit afraid of talking her down. For example Gray confronted her recently when she said to let Natsu do his thing against Zeref. He went all up on her grill. Can you imagine him doing that to Laxus? Remember Tenrou Island arc, who was it that controlled Natsu when he wanted to save gramps against Acnologia? That was an absolutely serious moment, not like some stupid shit like cleaning up the guild. Both Laxus and Erza were there but Laxus was the one to drag him away before they communally decided to come back for Makarov.

Also, When Natsu found out that the guild disbanded, who was it that first came to his mind when he said the guild should have continued on with a new master? Laxus. He outright said when Makarov booked it, Laxus should have taken over. People argue that Erza has been a more influential leader than Laxus but that is wrong. Erza is simply more plot important so she gets a lot of focus in a leadership role by Mashima but in the context of the story Laxus is a clear leader as well. He has been leading the Raijinshuu since youth. He also led the fight against Hades when he was there. He is simply not there a lot which is why we don't see him at it.

Now lets move on to bloodline. I know blood inheritance isn't literally a point in his favor, but Mashima is constantly painting a picture that Laxus is going to inherit the throne. It was hinted at by Mirajane that Makarov wants to give the throne to Laxus but he was too aggressive for that. And Makarov also taught Laxus Fairy Law which is a tradition for FT leaders. Both Hades and Mavis knew it as well, and it is kind of symbolic I feel for the head of FT to know the spell. It is like Makarov was grooming Laxus for the title. And that part was most emphasized when he almost got killed by Hades and specifically thought of Laxus to reach out and inherit his will.

Laxus is also always hanging around with Makarov and the first, asking questions about the history of the guild. He came back to Tenrou Island as well just to visit the grave of the first guildmaster - clearly he is best qualified to carry the legacy as he is most intimate with the history of the guild. Do you guys remember the scene with Makarov screaming to start the war against Alvarez? It looked so cool because Laxus was standing right next to him facing the guild like a lieutenant.

All in all, Hiro-chan has been building Laxus as GM, making it the ultimate grand redemption story arc. If Erza becomes GM, something she never really aspired to be that is a slap in his face and that of this fans. Hiro-chama has never been too overt about making Laxus the new GM to keep the surprise factor running, and I feel this chapter serves as a slight misdirection on his part to throw us off the scent about something we all thought was obvious.

Now on a personal level, Laxus is by far my favorite and best written character in FT. His initial insecurities and rebellious nature was handled so well. I related to him and could understand him. I have wanted him to be GM for a looooong ass time and if that doesn't happen I will legit take a break from this forum.

Last edited:

EdwardRictofin

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Gray has the best qualities of a leader. As seen in the Tatarus arc where most of these qualities can be seen. Maybe Natsu or Gildarts because if we think logically those two probably have the most power out of everyone.

The bloodline being past down is getting old. Let someone else take the mantle of this role. Erza has always been that second in command.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Lets be real. It needs to be Laxus for his sake and it should be Laxus for the guild's sake. I consider myself the biggest Laxus wanker this side of mangahelpers though @Stormsfury, @~Charging Lightning~, or @Laxus may have a thing or two to say about that (team Laxus too stronk) but I really feel that objectively speaking it is best for the story. And the other big candidate, Erza, is suitable but not as ideal.

Laxus's life goal was to become master. It used to be for the wrong reasons but now he is on the straight and narrow and completely demonstrates the principles which should guide FT. He has demonstrated it multiple times. He confronted his own father who he used to look up to for attacking Lucy and Gray. He sucked in a wad of poison to save his friends and people around him. He always comes back to save his guildmembers (he's had like 3 epic entrances so far). Sure Erza also cherishes the values of FT and has done so longer so currently they are equal from that standpoint.

But Laxus is far stronger than Erza and would better keep everyone in line. Erza is strong too but lets be real, most of her intimidation factor is used for gags now. When it really matters, people like Gray are not one bit afraid of talking her down. For example Gray confronted her recently when she said to let Natsu do his thing against Zeref. He went all up on her grill. Can you imagine him doing that to Laxus? Remember Tenrou Island arc, who was it that controlled Natsu when he wanted to save gramps against Acnologia? That was an absolutely serious moment, not like some stupid shit like cleaning up the guild. Both Laxus and Erza were there but Laxus was the one to drag him away before they communally decided to come back for Makarov.

Also, When Natsu found out that the guild disbanded, who was it that first came to his mind when he said the guild should have continued on with a new master? Laxus. He outright said when Makarov booked it, Laxus should have taken over. People argue that Erza has been a more influential leader than Laxus but that is wrong. Erza is simply more plot important so she gets a lot of focus in a leadership role by Mashima but in the context of the story Laxus is a clear leader as well. He has been leading the Raijinshuu since youth. He also led the fight against Hades when he was there. He is simply not there a lot which is why we don't see him at it.

Now lets move on to bloodline. I know blood inheritance isn't literally a point in his favor, but Mashima is constantly painting a picture that Laxus is going to inherit the throne. It was hinted at by Mirajane that Makarov wants to give the throne to Laxus but he was too aggressive for that. And Makarov also taught Laxus Fairy Law which is a tradition for FT leaders. Both Hades and Mavis knew it as well, and it is kind of symbolic I feel for the head of FT to know the spell. It is like Makarov was grooming Laxus for the title. And that part was most emphasized when he almost got killed by Hades and specifically thought of Laxus to reach out and inherit his will.

Laxus is also always hanging around with Makarov and the first, asking questions about the history of the guild. He came back to Tenrou Island as well just to visit the grave of the first guildmaster - clearly he is best qualified to carry the legacy as he is most intimate with the history of the guild. Do you guys remember the scene with Makarov screaming to start the war against Alvarez? It looked so cool because Laxus was standing right next to him facing the guild like a lieutenant.

All in all, Hiro-chan has been building Laxus as GM, making it the ultimate grand redemption story arc. If Erza becomes GM, something she never really aspired to be that is a slap in his face and that of this fans. Hiro-chama has never been too overt about making Laxus the new GM to keep the surprise factor running, and I feel this chapter serves as a slight misdirection on his part to throw us off the scent about something we all thought was obvious.

Now on a personal level, Laxus is by far my favorite and best written character in FT. His initial insecurities and rebellious nature was handled so well. I related to him and could understand him. I have wanted him to be GM for a looooong ass time and if that doesn't happen I will legit take a break from this forum.
This post makes me wanna fap hard. Laxus is honestly the best choice after Gildarts, and I'd rather one of them become the leader, preferably Laxus as he's not really a nomad. Laxus is a natural born leader, and he's obviously got the charisma to back it up given how loyal his team is to him.

Maybe END will be otherwise, but it's a fact Laxus is superior to Natsu in power, it even took Gajeel and Natsu to do anything to Laxus.

Gray has the best qualities of a leader. As seen in the Tatarus arc where most of these qualities can be seen. Maybe Natsu or Gildarts because if we think logically those two probably have the most power out of everyone.

The bloodline being past down is getting old. Let someone else take the mantle of this role. Erza has always been that second in command.
He did, but the way he confronted Natsu has made me reconsider severely. He's acting more like a hothead than his usual rational self.

Having the most power doesn't make for a good leader. Natsu is severely deficient in terms of decision making, maturity, and logical thinking. He's the opposite of political, even. plus, he doesn't the most power, that honor goes to Laxus.

What? Laxus would be the first master related to or descendant of the previous master.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
For me, It should be Mest or Macao again.

Mest - he actually think things through and he was once part of the Magic Council troops. He knows the rules so he can teach it to FT's troublesome group. (doubt they'll actually listen :XD)

Macao - he's been a GM before and he's done really good. He even managed to keep FT through the 7 years that the tenrou group disappeared.
forgot about Mira as well.

I don't think I need to explain why Mira would suit to be GM. She's the mother figure of FT.

also..
Makarov
Mest
Macao
Mira

Mashima knows his stuff :cheez

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Laxus is the best choice in my opinion, Erza isn't a bad choice either. Having been through betrayal and retribution, Laxus should have the idea of Guild's worth better than anyone. Erza also is very righteous when it comes to the guild and will go great lengths to get things right.

Other than these two, I don't really see anyone else suitable for this role. Gildarts is extremely unreliable with his antics and doesn't want this job either. Natsu is too hothead and didn't really prove himself to be leading type. Gray is even worse of a choice, he can be manipulated into doing something with correct buttons pressed, that surely isn't a good quality for a guild master.

Labi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This post makes me wanna fap hard. Laxus is honestly the best choice after Gildarts, and I'd rather one of them become the leader, preferably Laxus as he's not really a nomad. Laxus is a natural born leader, and he's obviously got the charisma to back it up given how loyal his team is to him.

Maybe END will be otherwise, but it's a fact Laxus is superior to Natsu in power, it even took Gajeel and Natsu to do anything to Laxus.

He did, but the way he confronted Natsu has made me reconsider severely. He's acting more like a hothead than his usual rational self.

Having the most power doesn't make for a good leader. Natsu is severely deficient in terms of decision making, maturity, and logical thinking. He's the opposite of political, even. plus, he doesn't the most power, that honor goes to Laxus.

What? Laxus would be the first master related to or descendant of the previous master.
First off, props to you for basing the actual distance between Natsu and Laxus with their fight prior 7year skip. It's absolutely the logical thing to do cuz Natsu didn't get any major powerups and became extremely strong lol. If u see Natsus actual strenght and say that maybe in tbe Laxus arc Natsu was like 30-40% of Laxus then apply it to now, that IS impossible. You're literally claiming Laxus is twice as strong or more than Natsu, wich is bs.

I also think Laxus or Gildarts should be the GM.
It isn't bout power lol.. To the main members makarov is fodder atm so don't talk bout power (@M3J not saying this to you btw)

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
its not about strength lol. strength comes at the very bottom of Guild Masters qualities. then again, it would be stupid if the GM is some weakling. as @Laxus chan-yo said, Laxus also has Fairy Law which is what every master had bar Erza and Macao who were temporarily Guild Masters.

but this is Fairy Tail. everyone who has nakama in their sentence is qualified.

Last edited:

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Everybody would be better GM than Erza, seriously. GM should be smart person, not the strongest one. However it looks like Makarov choose Erza to next GM--he spoke directly to her before his death. I think than Cana should be nice choice. Well, she was the leader when Erza and Makarov were out during Phantom Lord, and she was the only one who saw wicked Elfman and saved everyone in Tartaros. In may work, I think. The second is Laxus, and he's the most obvious next GM. He planned the whole took-over once, even it didn't work, he's seemingly smart. And there is also third option. Makarov will be resurected and become GM for eternal...

Last edited:

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Everybody would be better GM than Erza, seriously. GM should be smart person, not the strongest one. However it looks like Makarov choose Erza to next GM--he spoke directly to her before his death. I think than Cana should be nice choice. Well, she was the leader when Erza and Makarov were out during Phantom Lord, and she was the only one who saw wicked Elfman and saved everyone in Tartaros. In may work, I think. The second is Laxus, and he's the most obvious next GM. He planned the whole took-over once, even it didn't work, he's seemingly smart. And there is also third option. Makarov will be resurected and become GM for eternal...
Hold on, Cana the drunkard? a GM? I could understand Mirajane, who is sensible and can be seen as a leader, the most calm and collected person in the guild plus she's strong. But Cana?

And how is Erza not a smart person? I'm confused.

Overall I can see Mavis being the master though. She's the first, she's alive... yeah.

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hold on, Cana the drunkard? a GM? I could understand Mirajane, who is sensible and can be seen as a leader, the most calm and collected person in the guild plus she's strong. But Cana?

And how is Erza not a smart person? I'm confused.

Overall I can see Mavis being the master though. She's the first, she's alive... yeah.
Isn't Makarov a drunkard too? :P About Erza, I seriously don't remember if she have ever shown that she can plan something. Before Alvarez it's Levy who planned the whole guild rebuild, it's Lucy who gathered everyone. Erza can direct people, however I'm not sure if she actually lead the whole guild. She couldn't even stop guildmates from searching Makarov...

kemor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
She couldn't even stop guildmates from searching Makarov...
This is guild is so messed up no matter who'd be the master, members would still not listen to him/her. Laxus could intimidate them, but he's a hothead as well so I guess that'd make even more problems. Erza's not even scary anymore, they're "afraid of her" for comical reasons. I wouldn't be suprised if FT disbanded and they all left to live their own lives, but if that doesn't happen, I'm voting for Laxus.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Isn't Makarov a drunkard too? :P About Erza, I seriously don't remember if she have ever shown that she can plan something. Before Alvarez it's Levy who planned the whole guild rebuild, it's Lucy who gathered everyone. Erza can direct people, however I'm not sure if she actually lead the whole guild. She couldn't even stop guildmates from searching Makarov...
Well, they're two different types of drunkards xD Cana is getting drunk 12 hours a day, Makarov had a few extra drinks from time to time XD plus, he was old and he wanted to die of an alcohol overdose so that something replaced him as a GM XD he just wanted to retire...

No but on a more serious note now, Erza is rather smart. I think Erza is only second to Lucy, Levy, Makarov or Mavis. Maybe Mirajane or Freed too.

Also, it's not like a decission you may deem unreasonable is the "bad" choice. I'm talking about the Makarov rescuing plan here. They went and intended to rescue Makarov, but they had some sort of plan and they were successful. They infiltrated a hostile country, with mages which were far stronger than themselves, and rescued Makarov who was about to die by Zeref's own hands. I mean that took some planning and that was definetely not a bad choice.

Imagine if Erza had dissuaded them from saving Maky... Makarov would've died much earlier, maybe awakening END earlier than should've due to the bloodlust as Zeref himself suggested, their plans would've been much more rushed and we wouldn't have had the Fairy Law factor (maybe the enchanted soldiers would've proven too much for Ishgar and there would've been many more casualties).

Makarov also took these kind of decissions, although he was seemingly wiser. Remember when they went and attacked Phantom Lord, or even intended to save Lucy from the Royal Jail (I mean, Makarov literally defied A COUNTRY by doing so).

TeamWendy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
In my opinion, Erza as master would be similar to Mavis being master. And I think that Makarov >>> Mavis at being master.

Laxus is more similar to Makarov while Erza would be more similar to Mavis.
Erza is smart and tactical like Mavis but also too selfless like Makarov. Remember when she took out 200 lacrimas out of 300 even it could have take her life?? Also, when she defended the Guild from Jupiter Cannon during Phantom Lord Arc. She actually risked her life so many times just for the sake of her guild mates but you won't deny the fact that she's smart and tactical enough to figure out things on her own, even it's in a fight or situational problem.

Wait, wait. What?? Do you mean Erza is not smart?? Like seriously?? Erza is one of the smartest members of fairy tail including Levy, Lucy, and Mira. BTW I don't know what do you mean by the word "smart" when you said that, but let me tell you this. Erza has shown incredible feats in terms of being intelligent and tactical. When she fought Midnight she was able to defeat Midnight by using his own flaws. Furthermore, she was the only one who found out that there's something wrong with the atmosphere at Galuna Island and the only one who also found out that the residents there were not humans at all before everyone discovered it. She also exposed great knowledge to many things, when some of the fairy tail team A doesn't know anything. It's usually her who shows adequate knowledge that others don't know. She knows A LOT about other guilds, different types of magic, and Fiore. So if you're talking about being smart as in, "tactical" and "knowledgeable" then Erza has it. Erza is A LOT smarter than majority of Fairy tail Members. She wouldn't be chosen as a guild master if she's just strong and not smart at all. BTW Why Cana?? Do you think she's smarter than Erza?? -_-

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza is smart and tactical like Mavis but also too selfless like Makarov. Remember when she took out 200 lacrimas out of 300 even it could have take her life?? Also, when she defended the Guild from Jupiter Cannon during Phantom Lord Arc. She actually risked her life so many times just for the sake of her guild mates but you won't deny the fact that she's smart and tactical enough to figure out things on her own, even it's in a fight or situational problem.
I never said anything about Erza not being strong enough to be a leader.

I simply said that Erza lacked the emotional stability to obtain leadership of a master, but that's just my opinion.

Clearly a lot of people are against me on that, so it's fine that you do to, I just simply don't care since it's just my honest opinion.

Are you going to actually read the things I said in my comment or are you just going to keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again like a broken record? If you don't even have the decency to understand your opponent's argument before you attack it then I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself because of your incompetence.

Natsu was literally inches away from succeeding. Far out of reach my ass.

My incompetence exists because of the excuses being made. I don't even hate Natsu as much as other people in this community. I'm simply telling his mistakes as it is.

My whole point in this thread was two things:

1.) Natsu was not being a team player and made an irrational and risky decision to solo Zeref. I won't take my words back on that.

2.) Natsu's immature decision is why I do not deem him "master-material"... especially not as the 9th master of FT. He has a lot of room to grow. He simply lacks the common sense and responsible behavior to become a master.

I don't know what I said about the above statement that pisses you off so bad... Have the last words for all I care.

Obviously more people means more firepower. However, I'm guessing Natsu didn't want to risk the lives of anyone else. He probably figured that Igneel's power would be enough to take down any opponent, and he's not wrong on this point. Again, the reason he failed was because of conditions that were out of his control. There's simply no way for him to be able to predict that he was END. You could say that he wasted Igneel's power on Zeref, but how could he have possibly known that to be the case before finding out the truth?

You don't seem to get it.

I don't give a shit about whether Natsu could actually kill Zeref or not. If it makes you happy, I'll say Natsu can easily solo Zeref with Igneel's power.

My whole point in this thread is why did Natsu have to solo Zeref?

It was a completely unnecessary move, and because Natsu didn't put enough thought into it, he didn't take into account the potential conditions that were out of his hands (aka Zeref and Natsu's relationship).

The whole ordeal could have been avoided if Natsu was being a team player and complying with his teammates.

Natsu was not in any rush to kill Zeref and time was nowhere near an issue?

Why is it so hard to just fight with your friends instead of going straight for the Emperor first?

Ever heard of starting with the appetizer before going to the main course?

Natsu's actions trying to solo Zeref proved one thing in my eyes:

He is clearly not responsible enough to assume the role of 9th Master of Fairy Tail.

It's as simple as that.

All evidence and proof are in my favor here...

I don't care to argue about Natsu being able to solo Zeref or not.

If that's all you want to talk about, then count me out of this discussion.

I'm simply criticizing his actions, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator: