Discussion - Who is the 9th Guild Master? | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who is the 9th Guild Master?

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I'm supporting Laxus on this, his growth is clear, he has the right attitude, he is intelligent and is a powerhouse (not that the latter is hugely important, but still). If it's not Laxus then I think it should be Erza, mainly due to the arguments in this thread (good job guys).

@Axiomus
I see what you mean, I do agree that people can exaggerate how flawed the plan is and the result of it but I still think that Alvarez would gain more power by losing Zeref as a commander. There's definitely valid points on both sides but I'll stop talking about it for now, I don't want to keep straying off-topic (I have a bad habit of this lol).

patcraft52

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Mira is the most mature and has a good chance of being a guild master maybe not 9th but still she kinda strong. And while others don't I think she has a very good chance of becoming guild master

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Makarov will outlive anyone at this point.

jokes aside, Erza or Laxus.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
If Makarov indeed pass on his baton. I think it will be Laxus.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus.
He deserves it after developing so much and coming so far... I want a timeskip epilogue in the end where Laxus has a beard! :Arf
Exactly this. Mashima has done great with the idea of characters having their own storylines. Laxus has been in pursuit of this one goal. His entire portrayal in the opening of the sequel has been geared towards showcasing what him in that role would be like. His handling of member intake, his handling of the conflict with Jellal, his speech to Kiria.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Erza Scarlett

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Would be a terrible fucking choice lol, and she knows it
nah if maka dies erza is becoming gm and it is facts
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

she was already choosen when makarov was in alvarez they did not choose laxus lol

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
nah if maka dies erza is becoming gm and it is facts

she was already choosen when makarov was in alvarez they did not choose laxus lol
She was chosen because not a single real candidate was available. Had they known where Laxus was he'd be the Guild Master right now. There's a reason Natsu's response was so what, why didn't Laxus just take over.

Erza doesn't have the set up to be a good Guild Master. An we literally spend the first section of the sequel watching Laxus stepping into the role. An then we get the acknowledgment from Erza. It's not even a contest at this point.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
She was chosen because not a single real candidate was available. Had they known where Laxus was he'd be the Guild Master right now. There's a reason Natsu's response was so what, why didn't Laxus just take over.

Erza doesn't have the set up to be a good Guild Master. An we literally spend the first section of the sequel watching Laxus stepping into the role. An then we get the acknowledgment from Erza. It's not even a contest at this point.
bro just saying in my view erza's the next guild master. she or mira has my votes

I just said erza cuz lots of people said she's more eligible than laxus for the guild master on Reddit

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
bro just saying in my view erza's the next guild master. she or mira has my votes

I just said erza cuz lots of people said she's more eligible than laxus for the guild master on Reddit
I get that, I'm just vehemently disagreeing with you. Mira lacks the power to be GM. PBP. An Erza is just a poor choice, she would need an amount of overhaul to work in that role. Whereas Laxus entire journey has been geared towards it, and his role in the guild in 100YQ brings it home. We even have a speech from Erza about him giving her back the comfort she lost when Makarov was taken from them as a pillar they could rely on, which is wha the GM needs to provide the guild. It was even the subject of Laxus solo volume.