Books - A Song of Ice and Fire (Original Book Series) [SPOILERS - BEWARE] | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Books A Song of Ice and Fire (Original Book Series) [SPOILERS - BEWARE]

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Oh yeah, didn't realize it but now that you say it, that is exactly what I remember reading summarized ages ago from westeros.org.

Was good to read some Martin though for once. It's been a while since the previous one.

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I actually bought A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms back when it was released last year and never read it. :notlikethis

Gotta get on that

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Hmm, should get it too. Haven't still read any of the Dunk&Egg stories.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I have it and read it. I really enjoyed the stories. Hedge Knight was the best imo though.

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
They are fun stories... nothing too deep, but cool to see some good characters from the past in action.. good and bad targaryans

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
AngryGOTFan was livetweeting from Balticon earlier today, some highlights -

He says he has the tape of him saying this, but we'll see....that's a pretty epic way of putting it if this is true :lmao

Supposedly he will be reading something at the Con, but didn't say what yet. He says he's currently working on a Cersei chapter and that he "still has a ways to go on TWOW".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I honestly don't remember if it was new info or not, but he confirmed that Stannis is still alive (again).
--- Double Post Merged, ---

GRRM read a brand new Aeron chapter at Balticon today

NEW DETAILS, NEW IRONBORN STUFF :kreygasm
Someone took 4 pages of notes at the reading and someone attempted to transcribe them. Holy shit, it reads like a horror story. Makes Ramsay Bolton look like a scene kid and show!Euron a pussycat....

Don't click the link if you want to avoid TWoW details though, friendly reminder!

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Oh wow Euron is even more fucked up than I thought, Ramsay looks like a noob in comparison.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Oh this part is interesting -
3 possible chapters: 2 from TWOW: Mercy or Aeron; One of fake history.(70k from E and L, GRRM delivered 350K of sidebar, kept them for a second book for the “Macaroonies who actually like fake history.” Called “Sons of the Dragon” about Aegon’s two sons.
I remember Elio and Linda mentioning all of the material George ended up writing for The World of Ice and Fire, what had been cut, and they were calling it "Fire and Blood", the full history of the Targaryens. I wonder if this stuff turned into this? A new companion book? Definitely sounds like the title to something a maester would write. :nod
Nvm, Sons of the Dragon is a chapter from this unreleased "book". Looks like Fire and Blood is still a possibility.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Who are Jon Snow’s parents? One of the Kardashians, and Justin Bieber.
Now that one's awesome, had a good laugh.
Or is there more substance to it? A bard (of sorts...) and a beauty (of sorts...)? Way too vague but it fits R+L :kappa

Reactions: xi0

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
So awesome! I'm a still a bit confused on what actually happened based on that summary. Euron sure is on his way to the sickest person of ASOIAF title.

So when Euron said he is going south next, was that from the Shield Islands or from Arbor? Is there anything south of Arbor anyways?

I imagine that he is going to Oldtown next. The story would progress greatly with the meeting of Sam and Aerons storylines. Euron has magical artfifacts and apparently some sort of plan/goal on that road. The Citadel is apparently hiding something and is against magic, while there is the small resistance of Marwyn (which now includes Sam to some degree) that is pro-magic, or atleast magic-curious. They have Sam's mysterious horn. And then there is also Jaqen-Pate. Maybe he killed Balon in the first place, and now is on Eurons payroll to get whatever it is hidden in the Citadel.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
With Euron you definitely feel that there's something supernatural going on, the vision that Damphair has, of Euron sitting on the Iron throne with all the Gods impaled on it, has some deep meaning. Maybe Euron really wants to kill all the gods, maybe he want to become god himself.

Then there's the fact that Damphair is attached to the prow, and he's tasting salt on his lips, which to me sounds like he's drowning. So maybe this is a sacrifice, and it's all part of a magical ritual.

I wonder how useful a Valyrian steel armor is, I don't think it's as useful as a sword for example, but it's covered in runes so it's likely more magical too. I love the imagery of Euron, he's wearing black and red which traditionally are the colors of the Targaryens.Maybe he's preparing himself for the marriage with Dany.

Speaking of Dany I can't help but feel that she saw Euron in one of the House of Undying visions, the bit about the guy with blue lips. I'm even more convinced of it now.

Yep Euron really is the maddest of them all, but perhaps there is some truth about his character. He seems to be aware of the supernatural side of things, or maybe he just consumed too much shade of the evening lol.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The Citadel is apparently hiding something and is against magic, while there is the small resistance of Marwyn (which now includes Sam to some degree) that is pro-magic, or atleast magic-curious.
The Citadel might be against magic and the occult on the face of it, but it's been said that Leyton Hightower and his daughter Malora have been locked up in the Hightower since the Ironborn attacked The Reach in AFFC and it's also said that he hasn't left his castle in 10 years. They're supposedly both magicly-inclined. The Hightowers are probably the most mysterious family in the books till this day.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/4m33w9/spoilers_twow_ripples_in_the_dreamscape_grrm/

Pretty interesting theory, those visions could indeed be connected to Euron and Oldtown.

So looks like his theories about the 1000 worlds and how Martin is reusing them for ASOIAF didn't came through, or maybe Martin is purposely avoiding it.
Not that I'm surprised if he isn't using his previous works like that, I always found it far-fetched tbh.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well, if you subscribe to anything Preston Jacobs has said, then you'll probably think someone is using a glass candle...but what doesn't make sense is it being deliberately sent out to specific people. Like, I understand Dany being sent such things by someone, but Theon? Most thought he was dead.

Either way, I think the symbolism suggested isn't anything new. Plenty of people expect to be a large convergence of players at Oldtown, probably around the same time the same sort of convergence happens in Meereen. Both of these will involve Greyjoys....but idk what Euron is up to.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well, if you subscribe to anything Preston Jacobs has said, then you'll probably think someone is using a glass candle...but what doesn't make sense is it being deliberately sent out to specific people. Like, I understand Dany being sent such things by someone, but Theon? Most thought he was dead.

Either way, I think the symbolism suggested isn't anything new. Plenty of people expect to be a large convergence of players at Oldtown, probably around the same time the same sort of convergence happens in Meereen. Both of these will involve Greyjoys....but idk what Euron is up to.
Yeah that's why I unsubscribed a long time ago, it's just too much tinfoil for me.

It looks like he's having some ritual, that involves sacrificing "holy" men, or he just hates religion and this is his way of showing it lol.
Oh and I forgot, according to GRRM there's no hope to see LS in the show.It's in the Preston vid.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So looks like his theories about the 1000 worlds and how Martin is reusing them for ASOIAF didn't came through, or maybe Martin is purposely avoiding it.
Not that I'm surprised if he isn't using his previous works like that, I always found it far-fetched tbh.
Eh maybe, I had forgotten about Preston for a time and when I came back he was making videos tying GRRM's previous work into ASoIaF and I thought he had gone off the deep end (even more than he had in the past). But there is some interesting parallels, I guess.

But for me, the most interesting thing to come out of the video is he saying Arya will meet Gendry again :blink
It looks like he's having some ritual, that involves sacrificing "holy" men, or he just hates religion and this is his way of showing it lol.
Oh and I forgot, according to GRRM there's no hope to see LS in the show.It's in the Preston vid.
Well I think that's pretty much confirmed to be happening, especially with Aeron's vision of all the gods impaled on spikes in the throne room or something. Euron isn't keeping him as a prisoner/sacrificing Aeron because he dislikes him, he's doing it because he's a priest of the Drowned God.

Yeah he did, but he also says in the next sentence that he's no longer involved in the show and that things would be different if he didn't need to be writing. Not sure whether that's a 100% confirmation or not, especially since I'm having a hard time envisioning wtf the Riverlands are heading towards this season. I guess no one would have guessed how Dorne ended up turning up, so I don't give the idea of LSH appearing too much hope, but yeah...

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
But for me, the most interesting thing to come out of the video is he saying Arya will meet Gendry again :blink
Ship confirmed. :kappa
Yeah I guess it's a bit unexpected, but I'm curious how it will go.
Yeah he did, but he also says in the next sentence that he's no longer involved in the show and that things would be different if he didn't need to be writing. Not sure whether that's a 100% confirmation or not, especially since I'm having a hard time envisioning wtf the Riverlands are heading towards this season. I guess no one would have guessed how Dorne ended up turning up, so I don't give the idea of LSH appearing too much hope, but yeah...
Yes I'm fairly sure things would have unfolded differently if he was still involved in the show...but that book won't write itself so I completely understand why he decided to focus on his writing, and not be involved in the show.
The idea of her showing up now is interesting, I think it was said once that they'll use some scene that was supposed to happen in season 3 for season 6 (or was it 5?) instead. And it was a scene that involved some heavy make up or something like that. Sounds a lot like LSH to me.
I mean if they can make "Benjen Coldhands" appear now(especially the part about Coldhands), even after Bloodraven died, then it's not impossible to think they could move LSH from season 3 to season 6.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yes I'm fairly sure things would have unfolded differently if he was still involved in the show...but that book won't write itself so I completely understand why he decided to focus on his writing, and not be involved in the show.
Yeah, he used to write an episode himself a season, but stopped after season 4 iirc.

The idea of her showing up now is interesting, I think it was said once that they'll use some scene that was supposed to happen in season 3 for season 6 (or was it 5?) instead. And it was a scene that involved some heavy make up or something like that. Sounds a lot like LSH to me.
I mean if they can make "Benjen Coldhands" appear now(especially the part about Coldhands), even after Bloodraven died, then it's not impossible to think they could move LSH from season 3 to season 6.
I don't remember if there were any specifics involved, but it was someone on the practical effects team who mentioned something like that last season or something. That a particular sequence kept getting pushed back because they didn't know how to pull it off. Most people immediately thought this was LSH, but Melisandre's "reveal" earlier this season is also a potential candidate now.

Yeah, bringing Benjen back and showing that they're getting back to more "book plot" in the Riverlands makes me believe that there's an outside chance of it happening.
It doesn't even need to be Michelle Fairley actually, but there's nothing on her filmography after a quick look that leads to me believe that there would be any sort of scheduling conflict to prevent her from coming back.