Quarterfinal - Gildarts Clive vs Wahl Icht | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Gildarts Clive vs Wahl Icht

Which Fighter Advances?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • Wahl Icht

Votes: 32 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Gildarts is absolutely not going to win this.

The only thing Wahl has to do is to create a Weakness robot so Gildarts magic becomes restricted. Then Wahl has all the time to load his Etherion cannon and destroy him with it.

Wahl wins low diff.
Without magic Gildarts still far above Wahl. His magic just destroing other magic. He still can use his hands to crash any Wahl's robots and him too.
Only one type of weakness able to resist Gild magic - antimagic (like Bairo). And as we saw - Wahl's robots can use one "weakness-magic" at time. So Gild just kick them off with Wahl
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
he summons it in secret without Gildarts knowing. he won't even notice.
:zan
Gildarts is not stupid. It is tournament. If you want, before start Gild put Cana in antimagic box, when no one can take her:jacko

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Gildarts is not stupid. It is tournament. If you want, before start Gild put Cana in antimagic box, when no one can take her
he doesn't need to take Cana lol. for all we know he can just summon some hot chick and he will be distracted while Wahl charges up his Etherion and Gildarts cannot crush every magic otherwise he would beat Acnologia.

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
he doesn't need to take Cana lol. for all we know he can just summon some hot chick and he will be distracted while Wahl charges up his Etherion and Gildarts cannot crush every magic otherwise he would beat Acnologia.
What cyber girls can do to Gild? Nothing.
We dont know how Acno fight Gild. Like with Serena, it may was just clow attack with his "hand". And as you saw Acno x9999999 > all mage (maybe not all, but it was enough to kill Serena with his clow, but not enough to kill Gild). So Gild can crush Wahl's etherion and can survive it if it shot him.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
What cyber girls can do to Gild? Nothing.
We dont know how Acno fight Gild. Like with Serena, it may was just clow attack with his "hand". And as you saw Acno x9999999 > all mage (maybe not all, but it was enough to kill Serena with his clow, but not enough to kill Gild). So Gild can crush Wahl's etherion and can survive it if it shot him.
they don't need to fight him lol. you don't know how we adults speak do you :)
he cannot crush Etherion or any Spriggan attack unless he shows he can because Spriggans are not fodders...except Jacob and Neinhart. saying that he can just crush Etherion or any other attack is ridiculous. maybe he can crush Fairy Law????
he wouldn't be one shotted by Etherion but he would be injured.

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Gildarts in Tenrou-Arc:
He fought against Bluenote who was on ws-tier and defeated him with high diff because of Azuma's interference ( without that probably low or mid diff win for Gildarts)
Tenrou Arc power ranking of the ws: Gildarts>Laxus>Makarov>Bluenote (btw; Hades is on GoI level, imo)

Gildarts in GMG-Arc:
He was mentioned by Makarov to tell how strong Jura is and to hype Jura as well as a strong opponent. We had a little timeskip in this arc ( 3 months) so it's unknown if Gildarts was even training at that time. All we know is that he went on a journey ( he needed to disappear because ft would be to op with 2 mages on ws-level partic in the tournament)
GMG power ranking: Laxus>Jura>Makarov / Gildarts and Jellal (didn't show much) ????

Gildarts in Tartaros-Arc:
He appeared in a silent chapter and showed that he is still much more powerful than Natsu and destroyed a whole mountain with his crash-magic so during his journey he was training too
Tartaros power ranking: Gildarts>Jellal>Jura>Makarov>Laxus ( because he was nerfed with mbp!) (btw, Mard Geer on GoI-level as well, imo)

Extra notes: During the key of starry heaven-arc ( filler arc in anime) he fought with Byro who was even stronger than Bluenote and defeated him with bare fists, although Byro was an expert in close combat. He also survived an encounter with Acno ( dragon form) and that fact gives him a lot of credit!!!
Btw the argument with "his prime" doesn't rly exist in ft because Makarov,Warren and Hades/Precht became much stronger nevertheless their high age, compared to their youth and middle-age times!

Gildarts in Alvarez-Arc:
He wasn't mentioned by anyone and didn't show himself until now. It's questionable if he will even appear because to me, Hiro kinda hates Gildarts, otherwise Gildarts would have appeared and fought Mard Geer ( that would be so cool ;) ) who was strongest character in tartaros-arc ( excluding Acno and the dragons).
Based on his hype and character potrayal and if he rly was training a lot during the timeskip he could be on spriggan tier at best ( slightly stronger than Laxus and Jellal) but that's only speculation so far! That is the reason why he cannot win, otherwise he will win this tournament because he will always receive due to his huge hype the necessary power up to beat all his competitors in this tournament!!!!
Because of his lack of feats in the current-arc at the moment we can actually only compare Tartaros Gildarts (wizard saint tier) vs Wahl and this clearly would end up in Wahl's victory!!!!! I do hope that Gildarts finally appears again :)

Nice idea xD, but do macchina girls look hot so that they could seduce Gildarts ;) !?

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
maybe he can crush Fairy Law????
he wouldn't be one shotted by Etherion but he would be injured.
Fairy Low is not material attack, Gild cant crash it (but for all Wahl can negate it with his antimagic). But etherion he can crash. Why you think he cant? Why you think Gild weaker than spriggans? Its some offtopic but August overhyped in manga every body and what? He blow Natsu's team and they cant be killed now... so all hype for August is nothing. And Gildarts too? No, Gildarts never show his power. Even half of it. 10%... I dont see any way to Wahl to kill Gild. Maybe his etherion deal huge damage, but one Gild's kick will kill Wahl

Last edited:

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Gildarts has shown literally no feats after Tenrou Island arc and all his power is pure speculation and hype (he is way too overrated). Wahl on the other hand has useful magics on his side such as weakness which can probably counter Gildart's magic and also durability, speed and attack power on par with current Laxus. Not to mention, if the battle is delayed long, he can charge up his Etherion Cannon and end Gildarts instantly.

Wahl low-diffs

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Fairy Low is not material attack, Gild cant crash it (but for all Wahl can negate it with his antimagic). But etherion he can crash. Why you think he cant? Why you think Gild weaker than spriggans? Its some offtopic but August overhyped in manga every body and what? He blow Natsu's team and they cant be killed now... so all hype for August is nothing. And Gildarts too? No, Gildarts never show his power. Even half of it. 10%... I dont see any way to Wahl to kill Gild. Maybe his etherion deal huge damage, but one Gild's kick will kill Wahl
thanks for that. didn't know about that.

I never said Gildarts is weak but he literally had one fight, two if you count canon filler. Wahl is a mid tier Spriggan. I will not place Gildarts just because of his hype. Laxus was already a match for him during GMG. Laxus trained and he is now above Gildarts unless Gildarts trained. we have to see if Gildarts trained and no Gildarts cannot crush Etherion nor he would one shot Wahl.

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
thanks for that. didn't know about that.

I never said Gildarts is weak but he literally had one fight, two if you count canon filler. Wahl is a mid tier Spriggan. I will not place Gildarts just because of his hype. Laxus was already a match for him during GMG. Laxus trained and he is now above Gildarts unless Gildarts trainrf. we have to see if Gildarts trained and no Gildarts cannot crush Etherion nor he would one shot Wahl.
Sarcasm? ))

Many people here said that characters in manga are all trained for past year. Why you thing Gild not? In fight Jellal with Mard people said that now Jellal is much stronger bs it is new arc after year. Soooo Gild became stronger than he was. And he was awesome powerfull in past.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Sarcasm? ))

Many people here said that characters in manga are all trained for past year. Why you thing Gild not? In fight Jellal with Mard people said that now Jellal is much stronger bs it is new arc after year. Soooo Gild became stronger than he was. And he was awesome powerfull in past.
That is because there is no hint or evidence in the manga which suggests that Gildarts has trained. People are speculating his power just based on hype which in this case is actually background hype. Also, not all the characters trained only the main cast and the powerhouses did.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Sarcasm? ))

he may trained or not but I will not speculate about his power. we will just have to agree to disagree.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
That is because there is no hint or evidence in the manga which suggests that Gildarts has trained
So no one show their training. It was only on their words and only two characters show their result - Natsu and Lucy (and maybe Wendy\Charly). But we took thit as fact. More characters trained. So why Gild not? Bs he not been showed in manga? Ridiculus. He after all fuck the readers and train whole time while other fairys fight fo their lifes))

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
So no one show their training. It was only on their words and only two characters show their result - Natsu and Lucy (and maybe Wendy\Charly). But we took thit as fact. More characters trained. So why Gild not? Bs he not been showed in manga? Ridiculus. He after all fuck the readers and train whole time while other fairys fight fo their lifes))
Gildarts is away all the time and he seemingly never trains, why would he now?

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
never trains
Why you think so? All fights are training. Characters got stronger every time. And Gildarts gone on SS\SSS mission. He was train more than any one on FT side.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
To be fair I think Gildarts has trained with Cana. It's quite possible that training boosts Gildarts powers significantly, and he'd need it to face a Spriggan alone.

He definitely wouldn't have trained like Natsu did. Laxus apparently went on a training mission of sorts. Gildarts would need to train as much as Laxus did to still be stronger than Laxus - if it is at all possible for Gildarts to reach the heights Laxus has. There just simply isn't the proof that he has trained or improved.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Why you think so? All fights are training. Characters got stronger every time. And Gildarts gone on SS\SSS mission. He was train more than any one on FT side.
When is Gildarts constantly fighting? He doesn't train the most in the guild.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
To be fair I think Gildarts has trained with Cana. It's quite possible that training boosts Gildarts powers significantly, and he'd need it to face a Spriggan alone.

He definitely wouldn't have trained like Natsu did. Laxus apparently went on a training mission of sorts. Gildarts would need to train as much as Laxus did to still be stronger than Laxus - if it is at all possible for Gildarts to reach the heights Laxus has. There just simply isn't the proof that he has trained or improved.
Hm. Laxus didnt said that he had any train or fight in past year, but we saw how strong he became. But you think that Gildarts didnt became stronger bs... bs he still didnt appear in manga? Ok. Ok Ok Ok!!!!

Zeref is powerfull mage who was hyped by all people in manga. In his single fight he do the shit. He just wounded Natsu's face. Yeah, Zeref wasnt serious. But realy? I mean we still dont know that. So - manga showed that Zeref weaker than Natsu. Yeah, Natsu had IP. But it didnt make him stronger, it allow him to KILL immortal. He beat Zeref and burn his death magic with his true power. So - Natsu >> Zeref. If you accept that, tnen I accept that Gildarts didnt train and now weaker than Laxus\Natsu\Wendy and fuck it - LUCY.

Are obscene words allow in this forum?) I Hope I will not going to ban:headscratch
I am going to sleep) good night\day all.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry but no,I think you're severely underestimating Wahl and overestimating Laxus a little here...even a full health Laxus won't one shot Wahl...case in point,at the beginning of their battle Laxus was at full health and his blows did nothing to Wahl...even physical blows...Wahl isn't as weak as you are insinuating...even the lightning immunity...it isn't such an overwhelming advantage that if its removed Wahl will get one shotted instantly....
My point is,Wahl isn't as weak as you make him out to be...at all...

Well, I'm not here to discuss the Wahl vs. Laxus battle.

I'm simply asking you to look at the difference in the portrayal between Gildartz and Wahl.

This is a Battle Tournament... Not a Feats Tournament...

@Everybody else here

Actually, I would like to clear up a few misconceptions about Wahl:

- For those that say Wahl can cancel out people's magic... he actually can't...

-
His "Weakness Magic" is basically his "Weakness Soldiers"

EX. Fire Soldier for Gray, Fast Soldier for Elfman, etc.

So even though he can summon a lot of bots in this battle, Gildartz could destroy all of them with no diff.

Also, what weaknesses does Gildartz have?

According to you guys, we are going strictly by feats, am I correct?

Wahl said he can identify weaknesses, not inflict weaknesses on people.

Therefore, we have no feats of Gildartz having any weaknesses, so Wahl's magic would be rendered ineffective here.

As for the people who say "Cana bots" are weaknesses....

That violates the rules of the tournament with "Characters are not affected by any emotional/psychological barriers AND are fighting at all costs to win"

In this battle, Gildartz is serious, so Cana bots are not going to affect him.

I think the rules/regulations negate the idea of "Gildartz losing because of Cana bots".

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
- For those that say Wahl can cancel out people's magic... he actually can't...
He cancelled out Freed's Rune Barrier over the whole city and also cancelled the Magic Barrier Particles in Laxus's body, which Freed's Runes are inherently made of...
Freed himself already states that there was a hole that had appeared in the city barrier, with Mavis referring to it as Nullification Magic..
[Spoiler 1]
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/455/14
This was seconds before the fake Wahl had showed up with his proxies, which indicated he was responsible for cancelling Freed's barrier
[Spoiler 2]
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/455/15
Wahl and Laxus also refer to his ability in their fight..
[Spoiler 3]
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/473/12
[Spoiler 4]
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/473/13
Pretty sure Wahl can cancel out anything Gildarts throws at him
Also, how do you do that spoiler image thing? Holy shit this took me 10 minutes since I dont know how to tag haha

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
He cancelled out Freed's Rune Barrier over the whole city and also cancelled the Magic Barrier Particles in Laxus's body, which Freed's Runes are inherently made of...
Freed himself already states that there was a hole that had appeared in the city barrier, with Mavis referring to it as Nullification Magic..
This was seconds before fake Wahl had showed up with his proxies

Again, if we go strictly by feats, that's Freed, not Gildartz.

The only person known that has had his magic cancel out by Wahl is Freed.

Wahl couldn't cancel out Evergreen, Bickslow, Ichiya, and Laxus' magic.

So if the only person that Wahl could cancel is Freed, what makes me believe that he could cancel out Gildartz's magic?

Especially when the 4 other people I named above didn't have their magic affected.

So again, if we are going by feats, Wahl cannot cancel out Gildartz's magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.