Quarterfinal - Gildarts Clive vs Wahl Icht | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Gildarts Clive vs Wahl Icht

Which Fighter Advances?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • Wahl Icht

Votes: 32 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AcnoZone711

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think GILDARTZ will win this one..... Even with little appearances in the series, it doesn't mean that he will lose the fight I even think he can par against god sereana which he was just one shotted by acnologia in human form while gildartz survived acnologia in his dragon form.....

Char

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I will tell you why it is city buster.
i)Dimaria said twice even in chap 466 that if that attack had hit Hargeon it would have destroyed that city.
ii)Then you may say why didn't it destroy Magnolia as you said now.The reason is as it travelled 400 kms it's energy decreased with the enormous distance it covered so by the time it reached Magnolia it was just building buster level.Moreover Wahl's target was only The Guild Hall so why waste more energy in such an attack.
How can an attack degrade so much from travelling, from city level to building level? It's safer and more sound to assume it was just a building level attack.

"It's a rather nice port town, I must say. Looks like you were right to not wipe it off the map" she says. It's just an assumption she makes. Besides, look at hargeon:

It may be a city but its size is of a town.

And what I'm interested in is in knowing whether his etherion can actually wipe out a COUNTRY off the map

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
How can an attack degrade so much from travelling, from city level to building level? It's safer and more sound to assume it was just a building level attack.

"It's a rather nice port town, I must say. Looks like you were right to not wipe it off the map" she says. It's just an assumption she makes. Besides, look at hargeon:

And what I'm interested in is in knowing whether his etherion can actually wipe out a COUNTRY off the map
I will come come to your points one by one:-
i)Dimaria and Wahl are allies and probably they work together so why can't Dimaria can't know the DC of the Attack.If Sting can perform Multi-City Block Level attacks and performed a city level feat by overpowering a city level canon so why can't Wahl perform better feats than this.
ii)Yes the energy can degrade because it had to cover long distance(it took Gray and others one day to cover that distance)so lot of it's energy were wasted in covering that distance in few minutes.
iii)Hargeon has been mentioned as a city since the beginning of the series though it is not as big as Crocus.
iv)Even Acnologia does not have country level DC.Unless Hiro makes it like YYH i don't see the characters reaching country level other than council's Etherion Canon.It's safe to assume Wahl's Etherion Canon is Mountain level and it will be enough to take down X791 Gildarts.

Last edited:

AcnoZone711

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
[
i)

I think GILDARTz can just disassemble it or even tank it considering he is the one of the strongest mage in fairy tail, he even survived acnologia so he can definitely tank walcht attacks

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
[
i)

I think GILDARTz can just disassemble it or even tank it considering he is the one of the strongest mage in fairy tail, he even survived acnologia so he can definitely tank walcht attacks
If we go by this logic then he is stronger than Igneel and countless other Dragons who did not survive Acnologia.He himself said that he was lucky and so that's why he survived.Acnologia one shotted him and he didn't have the chance to do anything..It is not like that he fought Acnologia like Igneel and survived.

Last edited:

AcnoZone711

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If we go by this logic then he is stronger than Igneel and countless other Dragons who did not survive Acnologia.He himself said that he was lucky and so that's why he survived.Acnologia one shotted him and he didn't have the chance to do anything..It is not like that he fought Acnologia like Igneel and survived.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I am talking about walcht cannon attack. acnologia non serious attack might have been stronger than walcht cannon attack and gildartz survived acnologia's weak attack so that's why i think he can tank it or even disassemble walcht cannon attack

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
he can't. he didn't tanked Acnologia. in fact we don't know what exactly happened. he just said that it was over in in instant. he just got lucky that he was not a Dragon Slayer. if Bluenote gave Gildarts some trouble even before Azuma fucked up that tree then there is no way that Gildarts can take Anti - Material Magic Cannon nor his Etherion Cannon without a scratch. also, people forget that Jura was a match for Gildarts during GMG as well as Laxus. if we go by any logic here then Jura would have also survived Acnologia.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
gildarts didn't survive a "weak attack" from acno. he survived a serious attack from acno or at least a much more serious attack than what acno used in tenrou. (As gildarts stated that acno seemed to have just been toying with them at tenrou) An attack that made mavis resort to using Fairy Sphere.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
@Brandish I think you're mistaken on the Wahl cancelling Particle types...Freed's Runes aren't made of particles...they are runes...the only particles Wahl cancelled were Magic Barrier Particles...and that's solely because he had auto-targeted Laxus as soon as he entered Assault Form...
Also,pretty sure Mavis called Wahl's magic 'Nullification Magic',not 'Magic Barrier Particle cancelling Magic'
There is no way in hell Gildarts is tanking an Etherion cannon...seriously?Its freaking ETHERION here..

AcnoZone711

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I
gildarts didn't survive a "weak attack" from acno. he survived a serious attack from acno or at least a much more serious attack than what acno used in tenrou. (As gildarts stated that acno seemed to have just been toying with them at tenrou) An attack that made mavis resort to using Fairy Sphere.
I'm comparing acnologia's attack to walcht attack.....

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
iii)Hargeon has been mentioned as a city since the beginning of the series though it is not as big as Crocus.
Actually Hargeon's size looks like village. Look at this. Even if it was olny in anime, we still compare this attack with orhers in manga. So Hargeon is very small and can be destroyed by pts Natsu easy..

ii)Yes the energy can degrade because it had to cover long distance(it took Gray and others one day to cover that distance)so lot of it's energy were wasted in covering that distance in few minutes.
If energy of Wahl shot decreased from city to house in 400km, so Warrod is >>>>> Wahl bs his tree easely traveled 2000km without any decreasing.

Even Acnologia does not have country level DC
Like was said in manga - Acnologia destroyed country in past.

There is no way in hell Gildarts is tanking an Etherion cannon...seriously?Its freaking ETHERION here..
Acnologia destroyed country. council etherion can destroy country. Council etherion is huge magic stock. 0,000001% was enough to make Natsu enter DF and go to sleep for 3 days. There is no way for Wahl to have the same level of MP. His etherion simply 1% of council.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Things I saw when I readed through this thread:

- Gildarts is stronger than Igneel.
- Gildarts can tank Etherion.
- Gildarts can tank Anti-Material Cannon.
- Gildarts doesn't have a weakness.

Okay what?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Tenrou Island isn't the size of a country...it's pretty small...considering Gildarts' flaring magic could be felt all over the island and Gajeel's Karma Demon Iron Sword against Yomazu was able to cover the island in a linear motion from one end to another...it's not fair to compare Tenrou to the size of a country

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Warrod's magic is entirely different than Wahl's. he can increase trees as much as he likes while Wahl's is energy based attack. busting > increasing trees.

oh and we don't know what kind of Etherion is Wahl' but its certainly powerful as hell.

its funny how people say "X( Ajeel) guy did this so Y(Gildarts) guy can also do that". we might as well say that Natsu can cast Fairy Law because Laxus can.

Wahl wins this.

Last edited:

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Okay what?!?!?!?!???
I think it is rather obvious that Glidartz is nowhere near Igneel. Besides, the person who mentioned it brought up a dying Igneel, not full-power Igneel (let's remember the Igneel from Tartaros was not in his best shape).

Glidartz cannot tank a country level attack, but I don't think anyone in this thread claimed such a thing. It's becase we're operating under the assumption that Wahl's etherion is definetely not as powerful as the country busting etherion.

The Anti-Material Cannon should be as powerful or slightly less powerful than Jupiter. If Makarov and pre-ts Erza could tank a Jupiter, and Ajeel dispelled it with his bare hand; then so can Glidartz.

Glidartz doesn't have a weakness as much as Mirajane doesn't have one. Remember the weakness soldiers? They couldn't create "anything" to counter Mira so they created a gag: Elfman. The only "weakness" that could affect Glidartz is Cana, but he ain't being tricked like that.

Tenrou Island isn't the size of a country...it's pretty small...considering Gildarts' flaring magic could be felt all over the island and Gajeel's Karma Demon Iron Sword against Yomazu was able to cover the island in a linear motion from one end to another...it's not fair to compare Tenrou to the size of a country
Well it's definetely not the size of a country but several cities could be built in it. Big City Level or multi city level at least.

Besides I recall it being mentioned that Acnologia could actually destroy countries.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Okay what?!?!?!?!???
1. Who said that? Gildarts just survive in fight with Acno (actualy it wasnt real fight, but couple of strike from Acno still can been (dont know how write this correctly)). Igneel take Acno 7-8\10 dif fight and he was on his halfdeath state.

2. Etherion just name for spell. Like Roar. Wendy's roar =\= Natsu's roar

3. Yes. Ichia tank it easely in halfdeath.

4. Only one weakness - antimagic like Bairo. And without magic Gildarts still far strong.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Actually Hargeon's size looks like village. Look at this. Even if it was olny in anime, we still compare this attack with orhers in manga. So Hargeon is very small and can be destroyed by pts Natsu easy..

If energy of Wahl shot decreased from city to house in 400km, so Warrod is >>>>> Wahl bs his tree easely traveled 2000km without any decreasing.

Like was said in manga - Acnologia destroyed country in past.

Acnologia destroyed country. council etherion can destroy country. Council etherion is huge magic stock. 0,000001% was enough to make Natsu enter DF and go to sleep for 3 days. There is no way for Wahl to have the same level of MP. His etherion simply 1% of council.
1)Acnologia didn't one shot a country.It was a mistranslation by the English Dub.In CR version it is refered Acnologia destroyed a country.One shotting a country and destroying a country is two different things.August,Jacob and God Serena destroyed a country but they didn't finish the country in one atttack.No character in Fairytail has shown country level attack based on DC.Acnologia's best feat till date is Island Level.But this is offtopic.
ii)Okay fine Hargeon is a small city.But even weaker characters like Bluenote or Sting can perform City level feats.So why can't Wahl do that too?
iii)I never stated Wahl's Etherion is country level like the council's.To be precise based on powerscaling i will put it mountain level.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
1)Acnologia didn't one shot a country.It was a mistranslation by the English Dub.In CR version it is refered Acnologia destroyed a country.One shotting a country and destroying a country is two different things.August,Jacob and God Serena destroyed a country but they didn't finish the country in one atttack.No character in Fairytail has shown country level attack based on DC.Acnologia's best feat till date is Island Level.But this is offtopic.
I know that Acno didnt oneshot country, but he still destroy it with his power, not hax like Brandish or Dimaria.
When August and others destroyed a country? They just go across country and maybe kill thence people (in manga Worren said that 1m army go from east, I think it was mistake but what if not?).
ii)Okay fine Hargeon is a small city.But even weaker characters like Bluenote or Sting can perform City level feats.So why can't Wahl do that too?
I didnt say that Wahl is not city lvl, his etherion maybe can blow city. I was argue for another points.
And where in hell Sting is city lvl???? On GMG he was weaker than Natsu who is not city lvl.
iii)I never stated Wahl's Etherion is country level like the council's.To be precise based on powerscaling i will put it mountain level.
Other people said that.
As you say Wahl etherion is mountain lvl (well mountain is equal to city, but if mountain needs strong attack, city needs huge aoe), than Gildarts must be stronger than him. Etherion is strongest spell of Wahl while Gildarts blow low-mid mountain with simple punch

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Glidartz doesn't have a weakness as much as Mirajane doesn't have one. Remember the weakness soldiers? They couldn't create "anything" to counter Mira so they created a gag: Elfman. The only "weakness" that could affect Glidartz is Cana, but he ain't being tricked like that.
Every magic in ft has a weakness, otherwise a magic without flaws is god-like!
For example Gildarts' crush magic can only destroy things with a solid or at least a physical form. So against negation magic (Byro) or illusionary magic (macbeth) his power is useless! Gildarts has no feats that he can use a different magic and it's also unsure if he could cancel an illusion spell ( Erza only could do that 'cause of her artificial eye)
Mirajane turns into demons when she activates her take-over, so any kind of devil-slayer magic (Gray, Silver) is her counter. Besides when she uses her take-over, she has incredible speed, high mp and great attack power but her defense and durability abilities are low!

Kacchan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Etherion is the supreme magic, one that requires a lot of charging, a lot of MP and can only be cast by large organizations like the Mahō Hyōgiin or Mavis (who happens to be an unlimited source of magic). I strongly believe that Wahl's etherion is similar or slightly more powerful than Jupiter, but I don't believe Wahl is country level... The only country level Spriggan shown so far is Irene and even she hasn't been shown to have country level DC, just a country level spell.

No city buster, otherwise it'd have eliminated Magnolia, wouldn't it? Large building level or city block at most. No way that canon even reaches town level...

If Wahl's etherion happened to be the etherion, then not only would it be a suicidal attack, but since it'd pretty much nuke the whole Fiore, it'd kill most Spriggans too.
My point is that, Etherion can even destroy a country used by Council. Do you think Gildarts can tank Wahl's Etherion?

Status
Not open for further replies.