Quarterfinal - Gildarts Clive vs Wahl Icht | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Gildarts Clive vs Wahl Icht

Which Fighter Advances?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • Wahl Icht

Votes: 32 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The only person known that has had his magic cancel out by Wahl is Freed.
I'm not sure you understand how powerful Freed's Runes are, they were able to hold back even Makarov, Freed's Runes won't be affected by any of Gildarts's spells, so Wahl cancelling them already shows how powerful he is..
Wahl couldn't cancel out Evergreen, Bickslow, Ichiya, and Laxus' magic.
Because he was already intending to fight them head on, he couldn't cancel out Ichiya's parfum because he caught him by surprise, and with Evergreen and Bickslow he had already made Weakness Robots to fight them, there was no need to cancel out any of their spells, at all..
So if the only person that Wahl could cancel is Freed, what makes me believe that he could cancel out Gildartz's magic?
Check point 1, Freed's Runes can and will hold Gildarts back if Freed wishes it to happen

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure you understand how powerful Freed's Runes are, they were able to hold back even Makarov, Freed's Runes won't be affected by any of Gildarts's spells, so Wahl cancelling them already shows how powerful he is..

Because he was already intending to fight them head on, he couldn't cancel out Ichiya's parfum because he caught him by surprise, and with Evergreen and Bickslow he had already made Weakness Robots to fight them, there was no need to cancel out any of their spells, at all..

Check point 1, Freed's Runes can and will hold Gildarts back if Freed wishes it to happen

Freed's Runes are powerful, but the point is that we don't know if Wahl can only cancel out certain people's magic.

Runes are can be rewritten and canceled.

But how will Wahl cancel out Gildartz's crash magic?

Also, when Wahl was fighting Evergreen, Bickslow, and Ichiya, Wahl had many chances to cancel, but he couldn't.

Same with Laxus.

As for Gildartz, we don't know if he can crash Freed's Runes to pieces, it's possible.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Again, if we go strictly by feats, that's Freed, not Gildartz.

The only person known that has had his magic cancel out by Wahl is Freed.

Wahl couldn't cancel out Evergreen, Bickslow, Ichiya, and Laxus' magic.

So if the only person that Wahl could cancel is Freed, what makes me believe that he could cancel out Gildartz's magic?

Especially when the 4 other people I named above didn't have their magic affected.

So again, if we are going by feats, Wahl cannot cancel out Gildartz's magic.
Isn't it pretty much shown that Wahl is able to find a weakness in every magic? To be honest, there is a weakness in every magic.

Wahl did use his Weakness robots against Evergreen and Bickslow, he pretty much made their magic pointless. He didn't use a Weakness robot against Ichiya and Laxus because they used Lightning Magic against him, which Wahl himself has already an advantage to.

There is a weakness for Gildarts' magic, which is obvious. Wahl could create a robot which uses Disable Magic or one who Crash Magic simply doesn't work against. The only way how Wahl's Weakness robots could be countered is once you're fighting alongside someone else. Gildarts isn't.

Wahl could use his Etherion blast once Gildarts' magic is cancelled or made pointless. There just isn't a way how Gildarts could win this.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't it pretty much shown that Wahl is able to find a weakness in every magic? To be honest, there is a weakness in every magic.

Wahl did use his Weakness robots against Evergreen and Bickslow, he pretty much made their magic pointless. He didn't use a Weakness robot against Ichiya and Laxus because they used Lightning Magic against him, which Wahl himself has already an advantage to.

There is a weakness for Gildarts' magic, which is obvious. Wahl could create a robot which uses Disable Magic or one who Crash Magic simply doesn't work against. The only way how Wahl's Weakness robots could be countered is once you're fighting alongside someone else. Gildarts isn't.

Wahl could use his Etherion blast once Gildarts' magic is cancelled or made pointless. There just isn't a way how Gildarts could win this.

Gildartz has not shown to have any weaknesses, so we can't assume that he has one.

It's just like Wahl finding a weakness in Acnologia. Does Acnologia have weaknesses?

Wahl can't create a robot that is Anti-Acnologia. There has to be a legit weakness.

Ichiya had many weaknesses. So much that it overloaded Wahl's Weakness Scan.

Wahl could develop weaknesses to prevent Evergreen's and Bickslow's magic from working, but he couldn't cancel out their magic without weaknesses.

The thing here is that we can't assume. Gildartz can tank Etherion. He survived Acnologia.

Plus, he might even be able to crash the blast like he did with Black Hole.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Wahl wins this mid diff..gildarts is overrated..i don't think he's on the same level as wahl..

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
So because Gildarts barely survived Acno he can now tank an Etherion canon from Wahl....... :lmao

Yup, and I guess by your logic, the lazy way to decide the winner of this tournament is to say:

So because Wahl has more feats, he can now win against Gildartz.......:lmao

Is that correct?

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Yup, and I guess by your logic, the lazy way to decide the winner of this tournament is to say:

So because Wahl has more feats, he can now win against Gildartz.......:lmao

Is that correct?
Wahl wins because he has BETTER feats, not more, either way you're wrong.

Kacchan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Will Gildarts be able to use Crash Magic against Etherion? I highly doubt. Wahl should win this. :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They just assume everything about Gildarts that he trained, etc. Even using the filler arcs as a basis. Wahl will win this in high difficulty.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wahl wins because he has BETTER feats, not more, either way you're wrong.

Really?

Because which is a better feat?

Beating
Natsu without laying a finger on him.

or

Losing
to Laxus even after going full power.

And I don't want the bullshit of "You can't compare the two" because both are in their respective timeskips, so it it fair:

Tenrou
Gildartz vs. Tenrou Natsu

Alvarez Wahl vs. Alvarez Laxus

It's pretty fair.

Kacchan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So because Gildarts barely survived Acno he can now tank an Etherion canon from Wahl....... :lmao
Hahaha. Definitely unbelievable. Etherion is a Magic that can even wipe out an entire country in an instant. Even the Alvarez Empire did back off because the Magic Council tried to fire them with Etherion. I can't see Gildarts tanking the Holy Light, he'll be obliterated.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol at these people thinking that Etherion is such a big deal.

Explain to me why Etherion was blocked by Ichiya + BP's Cristina Airship (or however you spell it).

The blast was aimed at the Fairy Tail Guild Hall, but it didn't even touch the guild hall after Ichiya + the Airship blocked it.

What's next in this tournament? Ichiya + Cristina Airship no diffs Gildartz?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kacchan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Explain to me why Etherion was blocked by Ichiya + BP's Cristina Airship (or however you spell it).

The blast was aimed at the Fairy Tail Guild Hall, but it didn't even touch the guild hall after Ichiya + the Airship blocked it.

Don't make me laugh again.

It is not Etherion that is blocked by Christina. It is just a Magic cannon fired by Wahl Icht.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Don't make me laugh again.

The attack that Christine blocked was "Anti Material Magic Cannon" a city buster attack that will destroy a city as Dimaria had said it would destroy Hargeon.
And Etherion is much more powerful than this though i don't believe it is a country buster like Council's Etherion.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll add my 2c on a few things.......

- Wahl's particle canceler only has the feats of stopping particle types. So Anti-Magic particles and the magic particles that make up runes. It doesn't swipe away spells of all kinds, just particles.

- Wahl's anti material cannon can only blow up Christina. It's not going to take out someone as tough as Gildarts. But this is not etherion - which Wahl uses in Assault form and is a kill action.

- Wahl's etherion is featless. Could it be as strong as the one used on ToH? Maybe. Wahl is a Spriggan. But Etherion level of power is still off the chain. Eating some of it was able to make Natsu go DF, just like the Flames of Rebuke did... so if you compare that to Jellal's MP then etherion has thousands of times more MP, which Wahl probably doesn't. So I'd say his etherion is comfortably less than the one at ToH... but still it is featless. However I would say this amount of power could take out Gildarts in one go, but I'm not using it for the tournament.

- Gildarts defence (crash/disassembly) obviously isn't an impregnable defence. He can't do it when the spells are too fast or too close. Also the strongest spell he's been able to crack is Blackhole - and that was a stationary move. Wahl is obviously stronger than Bluenote...

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
[mod=SirSamuel016] Please keep discussion civil. There is no need to call others names etc. to bait responses from other people. [/mod]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Honestly I don't see how Gildarts can win this from whats been said here. He's being overhyped a lot, and seeing he struggled against Bluenote and he's had literally no feats since, and seeing Spriggans are the toughest enemies FT has faced yet, I think its safe to say in general that Wahl could well be stronger than Gildarts. There's nothing to indicate Gildarts trained either, so that possibility shouldn't be counted, meaning we've got Tenrou Gildarts vs Arbaless Wahl. I think Wahl in his Assault Form would defeat Gildarts somewhat confortably (mid diff) as some of his attacks, such as the Railgun, are impossible for Gildarts to defend against from what we've seen from Gildarts, and given Wahl has Etherion in his arsenal, Wahl wins this.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, yeah I'm wrong. Etherion was the one fired at Laxus, not the Fairy Tail Guild Hall.

But even so, that Etherion Blast took a long time for Wahl to charge.

Well, long enough for Laxus to conjure the Jutsu Shiki anyways...

Plus, I highly doubt that Wahl would have time to charge and aim that Etherion Blast with Gildartz on his tail..

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Wahl doesn't need an etherion canon to defeat Gildarts. We can only compare Wahl vs Tartaros Gildarts who is on wizard saint tier but Base Natsu in the current arc oneshooted Bluenote who is also on the same level as Gildarts ( but of course Gildarts>Bluenote). The conclusion of this is that characters on wizard saint tier like Makarov are sadly fodders now ;( !!!!!
Besides Wahl is able to use weakness-magic so he can see, as the name suggests, all weaknesses of his opponents and every magic in ft has flaws!!!! Gildarts' crush magic can only destroy things that have a solid shape and form which means he isn't cabale of crushing for instance spells from negatio- magic or illusionary-magic. Also he lacks feats like versatility and intelligence ( do not get me wrong, he isn't stupid but he is no mastermind either) so its's questionable if he can overcome Wahl's weakness-magic!!!

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hahaha. Definitely unbelievable. Etherion is a Magic that can even wipe out an entire country in an instant. Even the Alvarez Empire did back off because the Magic Council tried to fire them with Etherion. I can't see Gildarts tanking the Holy Light, he'll be obliterated.
Etherion is the supreme magic, one that requires a lot of charging, a lot of MP and can only be cast by large organizations like the Mahō Hyōgiin or Mavis (who happens to be an unlimited source of magic). I strongly believe that Wahl's etherion is similar or slightly more powerful than Jupiter, but I don't believe Wahl is country level... The only country level Spriggan shown so far is Irene and even she hasn't been shown to have country level DC, just a country level spell.

The attack that Christine blocked was "Anti Material Magic Cannon" a city buster attack that will destroy a city as Dimaria had said it would destroy Hargeon.
And Etherion is much more powerful than this though i don't believe it is a country buster like Council's Etherion.
No city buster, otherwise it'd have eliminated Magnolia, wouldn't it? Large building level or city block at most. No way that canon even reaches town level...

If Wahl's etherion happened to be the etherion, then not only would it be a suicidal attack, but since it'd pretty much nuke the whole Fiore, it'd kill most Spriggans too.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Etherion is the supreme magic, one that requires a lot of charging, a lot of MP and can only be cast by large organizations like the Mahō Hyōgiin or Mavis (who happens to be an unlimited source of magic). I strongly believe that Wahl's etherion is similar or slightly more powerful than Jupiter, but I don't believe Wahl is country level... The only country level Spriggan shown so far is Irene and even she hasn't been shown to have country level DC, just a country level spell.

No city buster, otherwise it'd have eliminated Magnolia, wouldn't it? Large building level or city block at most. No way that canon even reaches town level...

If Wahl's etherion happened to be the etherion, then not only would it be a suicidal attack, but since it'd pretty much nuke the whole Fiore, it'd kill most Spriggans too.
I will tell you why it is city buster.
i)Dimaria said twice even in chap 466 that if that attack had hit Hargeon it would have destroyed that city.
ii)Then you may say why didn't it destroy Magnolia as you said now.The reason is as it travelled 400 kms it's energy decreased with the enormous distance it covered so by the time it reached Magnolia it was just building buster level.Moreover Wahl's target was only The Guild Hall so why waste more energy in such an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.