Semifinal - Jellal Fernandes vs Laxus Dreyar | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Jellal Fernandes vs Laxus Dreyar

Which fighter advances?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 36 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
that's true... and he only got killed by acno aswell. but I still think it pretty lame that jura was close or on par with laxus during gmg and he had the top 3 ws whom ooba said are monsters compared to jura beaten by a solo spriggan. God Serena might have been a high tier spriggan but I don't see him winning against 2 spriggans(Ajeel was even looking down on him). Eileen was worried for bradman and larcade when saw/sensed the arrival of Oracion Seis.
The problem there is that Ajeel is extremely arrogant so him looking down on God Serena isn't that indicative of his power, especially when the latter has stomped someone who was deemed "impressive" by August, not to mention the other 3. I think it would depend upon which Spriggans they were due to hax and things, though I think he could take Neinhart (probably hasn't killed that many strong enemies) and Wahl (can bypass weakness with multiple elements) with max-difficulty.

The point I'm making is that while Jellal vs OS is still very impressive, God Serena soloing the GoI is probably one of the best (if not the best) group stomping feats in FT.

Last edited:

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Bruh....... I'm taking Jellal's speed into account, if you read my long ass post on page 2, you'll see that I actually have Jellal just ahead of Laxus in speed.
That was directed at the other person. I hadn't seen your reply when I wrote that. I'll reply to you in a while. Or I'll just let Eji reply for me :cat

Can people stop saying a casual nuke will one-shot Jellal? That's putting Laxus a lot above Neinhart and it's completely ignoring portrayal.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
In fairness, that nuke has pretty good hype. Well, it's probably going to do some serious damage to Ajeel. Given Jellal doesn't have better feats than Ajeel, that nuke should be doing damage on Jellal. It's enough of a threat that Jellal just can't run away with Meteor and expect to pick off Laxus at range. Oneshotting is not happening.

More than likely, Jellal will get 50% of the fight his way, and Laxus 50% his way.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Jura could hit Jella while he was in meteor with flying rocks if he can do that then somemone like Laxus who's attack is instantaneous and much faster than Jura's rocks can most cetainly hit Jellal while he's in meteor, Laxus' reaction speed and precision is unmatched after this...........

A lot of this argument is based on expectation and speculation, yes I also think his meteor has gotten faster but he hasn't displayed that yet, we need to use feats in our arguments instead of just assuming things. I'm not sure why you think he's more knowledgeable then the king of magic but whatever floats your boat, I'm not sure what that regeneration argument is meant to mean either, Eileen said that they could prove to be troublesome, she didn't say she was worried for Bradman and Larcade, not to mention you are comparing two different timelines, the OS a year ago were much weaker than they are now, if they haven't improved then Eileen most certainly wouldn't view them as a threat. We have clearly seen that some Spriggan's are far stronger than others, I think without a shadow of a doubt that God Serena outclasses Wahl, Dimaria, Bradman, Neinhart, Brandish, Jacob and Ajeel. He is one of the strongest ones, I doubt that Gajeel or Laxus would be able to solo the GOI.
If you think Jellal is your choice then that's fair enough, they're both top tier competitors and this is one of the most difficult fights for me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'll ask you the question then, what feats does Jellal have that say he has superior durability? What feats has he shown that even show he has comparable durability?

the way I see it, Jellal only got hit by Jura because he didn't dodge it on purpose cause he had to be in that exact location to complete grand chariot. he got hit but he was pretty much unharmed after that.

I don't know... Eileen being worried about bradman and larcade just kind of speaks volumes to me. they crucified sabertooth and then some. if it was only MH and Pegasus then I wouldn't think that OS is near spriggan level. the OS might have improved a lot during the 1 year gap but I think Jellal would improve more as he seems to be more talented. I'm just saying that so far we've seen more magic from Jellal than August. August barely showed us anything. so far he only have that barrier and nuke and that transformation.

I am speculating about Jellal but I think my speculation isn't that far-fetched. him being able to read/hear his opponents movement will give him the edge on a CQC fight. his meteor should be on par, if not above laxus speed. if laxus wants to have a chance to hit him then he's gonna have to throw a lot of punches but a lot of punches with not much power won't hurt Jellal i think.

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Damn, it's still hard to decide because both sides have rly good arguments ;) !
I doubt that Laxus' nuke would take out Jellal but it would keep him busy for sure and Jellal's GC has great AoE so it would hit Laxus a little bit, I guess. Btw, Laxus was cured by Wahl so he has no mbp inside of him anymore, otherwise Jellal would be definetely victourious here!

The comparison of Laxus being like a soldier and Jellal being like an archer is so fitting to describe that battle here. In the end, the decisive factor in this fight is trully luck ( in our case here who gets more votes :p)!!!!
There are 2 possible situations that could occur:
1) Jellal somehow manages to avoid close combat and casts his spells ( GC and Sema) successfully to take down Laxus
or, 2) Laxus keeps the distance little and so Jellal doesn't get the opportunity to use his mightiest spells and Laxus finishes him off with his red lightning attack!

I'll vote for Laxus because imo, the chances for the second possibility are just a bit higher but to be fair, Jellal has probably less screentime than Laxus to shine in the manga!

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
That's my point. He wasn't knocked out on contact. The energy blast hit his back. How would that knock you out? If anything, it would cause you to lose your breath and drown. We saw no damage on his body whatsoever. Furthermore, he didn't shown signs of losing consciousness, injuries, or confusion after being "revived" by Kagura. He simply drowned. You'll need more proof to support your claim on this.
He was knocked out on contact, just because a blast hit your back doesn't mean you're incapable of being knocked out by it. You don't need to have damage on your body to be rendered unconscious. He did show signs of being unconscious, the fact he was asleep at the bottom of a lake proves so when he drown you don't pass out immediately.

Exactly, Laxus gets back up because he was on land. If he was in the water, there would be no chance for him to rest and stand up again. He would be sinking until who knows when.
Rest? He was down for like 1 minute or two best, stop it.

He was literally having trouble against Natsu + Laxus. By definition, no stomping was shown.
That's not trouble at all, no selling someone's blow is not having trouble with them. He stomped.

This is what I'm talking about. It's speculation to say Laxus would use Halberd of the Raging Bolt and kill both of them. I can say Gajeel would've used all his strength to hold Laxus down while Natsu uses Fire Dragon Fist: Crimson Exploding Flame Blade and defeat him just the same. If the reason for Laxus' loss was because he used one attack by mistake, I'd be deeply disappointed.

No ,it would have killed them if he didn't use Fairy Law, or would Laxus have just not done anything after that? While Gajeel in his bad condition would have got one shotted not would Natsu's move beat Laxus if he never used Fairy Law he wouldn't have wasted power so he would've been weak enough for Natsu to beat. Fairy Law is one of the 3 great Fairy Magic and takes a ton of MP to use......I don't care if you're disappointed or not, my point still stands.

Makarov used the same amount of MP to cast Fairy Law compared to Laxus. And he defeated an Element 4 with ease. Therefore, since he won his fight, I don't see how Laxus being unable to defeat Natsu + Gajeel is an excuse.

Laxus had used multiple spells before Fairy Law and ultimately expended wayy more MP than Makarov, while Aria was still injured. Laxus lost because he wasted a ton of MP, I don't care if you think it's an excuse because it the truth.

Aria was already stronger than Natsu, so one-shotting him afterwards is a good feat even after using Fairy Law. I still don't see your point.
Aria wasn't stronger than Natsu, Gajeel was said to be the next strongest after Jose, if you're ignoring me saying that Laxus had wasted wayy more MP than Makarov and that at that time Makarov probably stronger than Laxus so be it.

You'll need to refresh my mind because I don't even remember the panel you're referencing. If you are one-shotted by a mere chop to the head without any magic infused in it, that must mean you are a glass cannon. If Orga is the strongest of Sabertooth according to your words, that must mean he is quite strong and can be compared to Natsu, Gray, or Erza. None of them would get one-shotted by Jura like that. So yes, it was a gag unless you think Orga is fodder.

It was in a cover during the Tarturus arc. Being one shotted by a chop doesn't mean you're a glass canon, the guy who one shotted was wayyy above Orga, and being the strongest in the ST doesn't make you comparable to Natsu and co. The only ST that was comparable was Minverna and she wasn't in the guild when Orga was called the strongest. Natsu, Gray could get one shotted by Jura, heck Mira said she wasn't sure if her and Erza together could beat him. Jura was just that much above everyone else bar Laxus and Jellal.

I have no doubts that Orga could get one-shotted by Jura provided that Jura uses his strongest attack. He isn't some god like you're thinking.
Jura did one shot Orga in canon and the context of the situation was serious, it happened in canon and at this point you're basically flat up disagreeing with some shown clearly in the manga.

Baseless? Says the one who the burden of proof is on. I gave quite a reasonable explanation. I don't see any from you besides he was knocked out.
The burden of proof is on me? You made the claim, or did you forget I was replying to you, when you drown you don't fade out of consciousnesses immediately, your only excuse was that Jellal didn't have wounds on him despite people getting knocked out without any wounds on them.

Exactly, you don't. But you need signs or some sort of indication of it.

The fact he was asleep at the bottom of the lake and Kagura is the indication, Kagura was in the same position.

Now that is totally spinning the events in the manga. Neinhart didn't use his attack until Kagura already started running towards Simon. At that point, Jellal had only seconds before Kagura would've gotten hit and he jumped in immediately.
But Jellal had enough time to shout out don't and then jump on top of Kagura, Jellal had time to brace himself.

Fine. That's your opinion but I have reasons for why it is a good example of intelligence.
It isn't, but I see you're just going to saying 'in your opinion'

It doesn't matter. Jellal fused with Etherion only. Not the tower.
The tower had become the etherion........

Well, it certainly looked like Midnight stood there and did nothing. If it was never revealed as an illusion, you'd probably think Zero was somehow alive.
Not really, if Jellal never broke the illusion he would have lost and it would of would have been shown that it was an illusion. Jellal isn't stupid enough to think that Midnight would just stand there.

I'm simply stating what is shown.
And I'm simply saying how ludicrous it is to apply that to battle intellect.

I know he did. And then Jellal realizes it immediately, while the rest shows no indication of knowing. You have to provide me the proof. I already supported my statements with actual dialogue from the manga.

EVERYONE showed surprise that's it, the only people that were shown to think the copies were real was Lyon and Kagura, the other fighters didn't show much, so no they weren't confused.
That was directed at the other person. I hadn't seen your reply when I wrote that. I'll reply to you in a while. Or I'll just let Eji reply for me :cat

Can people stop saying a casual nuke will one-shot Jellal? That's putting Laxus a lot above Neinhart and it's completely ignoring portrayal.
Laxus is probably far above Neinhart, but I agree that the casual nuke killing Jellal is a joke.

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the way I see it, Jellal only got hit by Jura because he didn't dodge it on purpose cause he had to be in that exact location to complete grand chariot. he got hit but he was pretty much unharmed after that.

I don't know... Eileen being worried about bradman and larcade just kind of speaks volumes to me. they crucified sabertooth and then some. if it was only MH and Pegasus then I wouldn't think that OS is near spriggan level. the OS might have improved a lot during the 1 year gap but I think Jellal would improve more as he seems to be more talented. I'm just saying that so far we've seen more magic from Jellal than August. August barely showed us anything. so far he only have that barrier and nuke and that transformation.

I am speculating about Jellal but I think my speculation isn't that far-fetched. him being able to read/hear his opponents movement will give him the edge on a CQC fight. his meteor should be on par, if not above laxus speed. if laxus wants to have a chance to hit him then he's gonna have to throw a lot of punches but a lot of punches with not much power won't hurt Jellal i think.
As I've been saying all along, Eileen said that they could prove to be troublesome, she never said she was worried about the spriggan's, there's also the fact that Hoteye didn't even join in the fight against Jellal a year ago and he's one of their strongest members, Jellal also hasn't displayed reaction feats on par with Laxus' latest and has no spells to aid him in CQC so I would most certainly give the CQC to Laxus as it's one of his primary abilities that he excels at and all of his strongest spells are CQC spells. You also can't compare OS with Laxus, especially post-timeskip Laxus, they're cut from a different cloth, he outclasses them in just about every aspect and he most certainly outclasses them in CQC.
I think calling Jellal more knowledgeable than August is a stretch.
Damn, it's still hard to decide because both sides have rly good arguments ;) !
I doubt that Laxus' nuke would take out Jellal but it would keep him busy for sure and Jellal's GC has great AoE so it would hit Laxus a little bit, I guess. Btw, Laxus was cured by Wahl so he has no mbp inside of him anymore, otherwise Jellal would be definetely victourious here!

The comparison of Laxus being like a soldier and Jellal being like an archer is so fitting to describe that battle here. In the end, the decisive factor in this fight is trully luck ( in our case here who gets more votes :p)!!!!
There are 2 possible situations that could occur:
1) Jellal somehow manages to avoid close combat and casts his spells ( GC and Sema) successfully to take down Laxus
or, 2) Laxus keeps the distance little and so Jellal doesn't get the opportunity to use his mightiest spells and Laxus finishes him off with his red lightning attack!

I'll vote for Laxus because imo, the chances for the second possibility are just a bit higher but to be fair, Jellal has probably less screentime than Laxus to shine in the manga!
GC does have a lot of AoE, that doesn't change the fact that it is fixed to seven points on the ground, a spell that has fixed positions won't hit someone with Laxus' speed, he either moves left or right and he dodges it.
And thank you for acknowledging the horseman and archer comparison :)

Laxus is above Neinhart, what on earth would Neinhart do against a healthy Laxus?

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal wouldn't have beaten Jura without much difficulty. He didn't do anything to Jura in that fight, other than attack and be blocked. Jellal opted to go straight to Sema, probably because nothing else was working.

Laxus has better physical feats, Idk how the muscles help, he's bulkier than Acno and is nowhere near as tough.
That is why I said Jellal could have defeated him without much difficulty. It doesn't matter. Meredy and Ultear stopped Jellal because they knew its power. Even if Jura could tank it, he'd be in serious condition that Jellal could just stomp him afterwards.

Again, I don't see Laxus having better physical feats in the current arc.

Gildarts got offered the same plot armour as Laxus, as Erza defeated Azuma who went CiS/PiS by letting Erza have a shot. Laxus got some lightning to get him out of his sickness temporarily.
So Gildarts get's plot armor one time (one that every FT mage got because Hiro Mashima knew that Azuma's magic and the Tenrou Tree was just nonsense). And Laxus? Considerably more than Gildarts. Even in situations where it doesn't make sense.

Flame of Rebuke equals Jellal's MP, which is equivalent to a few chunks of Etherion. Wahl's MP is leagues above ToH/OS Jellal in MP. It's not close. Wahl's etherion cannon is featless, so I wouldn't bother trying to compare Wahl's etherion cannon to Jellal's attacks. Moreover, casting something like GC/Sema doesn't use up all of Jellal's MP either, and thus it doesn't make sense to compare the power in Flames of Rebuke to the power in Sema/GC. FoR > Sema > GC; logically.
Using reasonable speculation, I can say that since it was shown that Jellal massively improved in his attacks like Grand Chariot, his Flame of Rebuke becomes stronger. Note that the power of Etherion doesn't change. So because Jellal's Flame of Rebuke was already Etherion level, then right now, it would be just as powerful as Wahl's Etherion.

Now that is definitely spinning the truth. The Flame of Rebuke only used up all of Jellal's MP because he had almost none to start out with. The Self-Destruction spell he created took it all up which is why he was helpless against Midnight vs Erza. Grand Chariot and Sema obviously uses more MP just by looking at Jellal's condition after he uses those spells. It's still Sema > Grand Chariot > Flame of Rebuke.

Yea that's right, Jellal isn't going to stand there. He's going to be receiving blows just as he's giving them. Laxus' Justu Shiki would cancel Sema, given the prep time. It didn't really take Laxus all that long, it even surprised Wahl. Laxus could evade GC with about the same reaction time he used for Wahl's bullets; while forming a lightning bolt as a counter immediately after. Depends on when Jellal decides to use GC.

Wahls' durability isn't low. His physical feats are at least equal to Jellal's.
Wahl was not an intelligent character to begin with so being surprised means nothing. I seriously doubt Jellal would be tricked like that. After all, he'll be beating Laxus up from a distance to which Laxus will be able to do nothing.

Laxus literally destroyed the bullets. How can he destroy Grand Chariot? One is tangible and the other isn't. If Laxus tries to pull that off, it'll end up pretty bad for him. Good luck with that.

Yes I agree on Mirror water - but how strong is Jura's Rock snake? The feat of Mirror water is to redirect that level of attack, which I don't think covers some of Laxus' offence.

More importantly, Mirror Water is a magic derived from the staves Mystogan used. Unless Jellal is walking around with them, then Idk if he will be using Mirror water at all.
Considering that the attack came from Jura, even if it was one that was casual, it still possesses a lot of attack power and MP.

It doesn't matter because it's still Jellal magic after all. And because he is allowed to use it, I don't see any excuses to say otherwise.

Last edited:

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i guess instead of beforehand, one could say in the midst or early stages of the battle. They will most likely be feeling each other out before going with their best moves.

THAT is when Jellal, as i believe, being the better strategist, will provide the difference. A potent spell, set up early on.
The same could be said for Laxus using Runes. I don't think Jellal is as good as Laxus in battle smarts as Laxus is.
When Jellal fought with Jura, Jura couldn't react to Meteor on two different instances, but when Jura fought with Laxus, Jura always kept up with Laxus. And in Tartaros, Jellal outsped all of Oracion Seis' members at the same time. Again, Laxus has no new speed feats that prove he's gotten any faster.
Laxus can't deal with Meteor. Even if Jellal does take it in the close range, he'll manage to outspeed Laxus and get more hits than Laxus. Though the nuke is big, Ajeel stated he would have tanked it, and Jellal has better durability feats than Ajeel as he managed to take Neinhart's magic blast and then keep fighting (you may say he drowned, but he just fell in the water in a damaged state; once he got back up, he one-shotted Neinhart).
Whether Jellal takes this fight in close range or long range, he'll manage to outplay Laxus. As he gets more hits on Laxus than Laxus gets on him, he'll eventualy get Laxus in a very damaged state and get an opening to cast Grand Chariot or Sema.

Plus, Jellal has always had better portrayal than Laxus. Jellal was WS level since the first chapter, with half of his power. Where was Laxus then? Portrayed as one of the strongest in the guild. Against Natsu, Jellal was mid diffing base Natsu and he actually managed to tank two hits from DF Natsu and keep fighting, but Laxus lost against base Natsu with some support from Gajeel. Against Jura, Jellal managed to make Jura shit his pants, while Laxus almost lost against him. In Tartaros, Jellal soloed one of the main dark guilds by himself, Laxus defeated Tempesta and was down for the rest of the arc. On the current arc, Laxus defeated a Spriggan in an extreme-diff fight, Jellal one-shotted another one.
Just want to point out that Jura thought Jellal was Mystogan so he wasn't expecting the Meteor blitz. He was much more on guard against Laxus as he knew how strong he was.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you don't want Jellal using Three Layered Magic Circle: Mirror Water, then that's fine by me. Honestly, Jellal doesn't need it to win. The only reason why I said Jellal can use that attack is because he is constantly being denied durability feats. It doesn't matter though because we know which side has more fans. I expected Jellal to be downplayed and lose this one anyways. The finals will probably be between the most popular fandoms. In other words, Laxus vs Natsu. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it will come down to a popularity vote in the end, seeing that it already headed towards that direction.

Sorry, but Jellal can't hit Laxus when he is in his Lightning Body form.

Meanwhile, Jellal is wide open for any attacks at all times.

@Nemispelled
Great post. I almost forgot about that intangiblity thingy. However, the only weakness of lightning body is that the caster should be in motion while using it. So the moment he attacks Jellal, he is not in a state of motion (I think) so then, he loses lighting body. Now I am not saying he can't use it again but if Jellal can attack him during that short time... However, I am not implying that Jellal will win.

No, actually, Lightning body is more of a dodging mechanism than an offensive attack.

I agree that offense-wise, Lightning Body is not that strong.

But the main point of Lightning body is to dodge and evade attacks.

Quite simply put, Laxus only uses lightning body when Jellal casts a powerful spell on him.

The moment that he avoids Jellal's attack, then Laxus will return back to his physical form and immediately unleash a powerful attack on Jellal to defeat him.

I'm pretty sure Laxus can still be hit while in Lightning Body because Jura was able to do it, Lightning body does not completely negate all magic, however I don't think Mirror Water is working against someone of Laxus' speed, the ranged attacks that Laxus drops are almost instantaneous, Jellal actually has to do symbols and cast the spell for Mirror Water, I doubt he has the time to actually cast it in that regard.

I'm not talking about the same attack as you are describing.

Here are the panels of what I mean:

As you can see, this is what I'm talking about.

Laxus has the capability to turn his entire body into a single bolt of lightning.

He used this to escape Mystogan's spell.

Mystogan has a counter to it because he also has "Mist Body", but Jellal Fernandes doesn't have a counter to it.

You can't really hit Laxus in that form because Laxus is basically a form of light, which has no physical form.

Technically, it's like trying to fight with a spark of electricity.

So Laxus can easily use this attack to dodge Jellal's spells like Grand Chariot.

The attack you were describing against Jura is this:

As you can see though, Laxus still had his physical form against Jura.

That's why he got hit. It was more of a speed boost than a dodging mechanism.

I don't know the names of Laxus' spells that well, but I was talking about Laxus completely turning himself into a bolt of lightning when I was referring to Lightning Body.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
As I've been saying all along, Eileen said that they could prove to be troublesome, she never said she was worried about the spriggan's, there's also the fact that Hoteye didn't even join in the fight against Jellal a year ago and he's one of their strongest members, Jellal also hasn't displayed reaction feats on par with Laxus' latest and has no spells to aid him in CQC so I would most certainly give the CQC to Laxus as it's one of his primary abilities that he excels at and all of his strongest spells are CQC spells. You also can't compare OS with Laxus, especially post-timeskip Laxus, they're cut from a different cloth, he outclasses them in just about every aspect and he most certainly outclasses them in CQC.
I think calling Jellal more knowledgeable than August is a stretch.
I think Jellal's new cobra-like hearing/prediction power and with his meteor speed will be enough to fight laxus in a CQC. and if he can touch laxus, he can cast bind snake to render laxus immobile. Jellal can also stay in the air making it even harder for laxus to hit him. he can also cast GC without actually drawing the patterns in the sky. he could cast it like how he casted it in the TOH with just his bare hands.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
He was knocked out on contact, just because a blast hit your back doesn't mean you're incapable of being knocked out by it. You don't need to have damage on your body to be rendered unconscious. He did show signs of being unconscious, the fact he was asleep at the bottom of a lake proves so when he drown you don't pass out immediately.
Signs of being unconscious? Oh, you mean when he already drowned? Yeah...

So what do you do when you drown? Stay awake and float around?

It wasn't immediate. Jellal drowned during the panel that shows him and Kagura sinking. Look at the context.

There still seems to be a confusion here. Not sure if anybody here grasped it yet, but you guys do realize that Neinhart's attack continued hitting Jellal underwater, right? In fact, it went very deep until it disappeared. It didn't just stop at the surface where Jellal was free and floating the rest of the way down...

Also when we reading it, it seems like one second. But if you don't just take it at face value, in reality, that was actually quite some time when it showed they were sinking. Having no wounds on him or any indication of being injured just means that he simply wasn't affected.

That's not trouble at all, no selling someone's blow is not having trouble with them. He stomped.
Says the person who says everyone stomps. You seem to use that word too frequently which means you either don't understand its meaning or trying to exaggerate when clearly it isn't working. You keep repeating DF Gajeel stomps Bradman when he clearly did not. Laxus stomped Natsu and Gajeel when he clearly did not. Natsu stomps Gildarts when he clearly wouldn't... What else?

No ,it would have killed them if he didn't use Fairy Law, or would Laxus have just not done anything after that? While Gajeel in his bad condition would have got one shotted not would Natsu's move beat Laxus if he never used Fairy Law he wouldn't have wasted power so he would've been weak enough for Natsu to beat. Fairy Law is one of the 3 great Fairy Magic and takes a ton of MP to use......I don't care if you're disappointed or not, my point still stands.
Fairy Law doesn't take up that much MP as you're implying. That was shown by Makarov. But fine, Laxus made a mistake and that costed his loss.

Aria wasn't stronger than Natsu, Gajeel was said to be the next strongest after Jose, if you're ignoring me saying that Laxus had wasted wayy more MP than Makarov and that at that time Makarov probably stronger than Laxus so be it.
No, he wasn't. Natsu couldn't beat him and Erza even intervened to help him out.

There was no timeskip in between so its reasonable to say that Natsu was at the same level of power.

It was in a cover during the Tarturus arc. Being one shotted by a chop doesn't mean you're a glass canon, the guy who one shotted was wayyy above Orga, and being the strongest in the ST doesn't make you comparable to Natsu and co. The only ST that was comparable was Minverna and she wasn't in the guild when Orga was called the strongest. Natsu, Gray could get one shotted by Jura, heck Mira said she wasn't sure if her and Erza together could beat him. Jura was just that much above everyone else bar Laxus and Jellal.
First off, Sabertooth were most definitely comparable to FT. They gave them a good fight and were the last two teams to stay alive.

Jura was not that much stronger than Orga. Not enough to one-shot him without any magic. He was on par with Laxus and Jellal. None of them are gods like you're treating them. We even saw a scene where Laxus and Orga tested each other's power and that didn't look like it was going to be a one-shot. Unless you think Laxus can chop Orga's head and one-shot him?

Jura did one shot Orga in canon and the context of the situation was serious, it happened in canon and at this point you're basically flat up disagreeing with some shown clearly in the manga.
When did I disagree with this? Now you're putting words in my mouth. All I said was that it was a gag moment for comedic relief and to speed up the fight so that we see Jura vs Laxus. That's literally all to it.

The fact he was asleep at the bottom of the lake and Kagura is the indication, Kagura was in the same position.
He wasn't asleep. He drowned. Was it because he couldn't swim? Or was it because he was holding Kagura and couldn't make use of his arms to swim? Kagura was in the same position but different situation. She was being protected by Jellal who released his grip on her when he was no longer moving.. All she had to do was swim back up to the surface.

But Jellal had enough time to shout out don't and then jump on top of Kagura, Jellal had time to brace himself.
That's not bracing. I believe that I argued this with another user already. I would much rather take a punch from someone while I see it coming so I can prepare myself, rather than be thrown immediately in front of a punch when least expecting it.

The tower had become the etherion........
He still didn't fuse with the tower itself... He fused with the Etherion lacrimas. Otherwise, he would redirect the tower to the sky which doesn't make any sense.

EVERYONE showed surprise that's it, the only people that were shown to think the copies were real was Lyon and Kagura, the other fighters didn't show much, so no they weren't confused.
Okay, think however you like on this.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Tbh, I wouldn't mind which person among these two will win. They both are fair competitors and deserve the win.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The point I'm making is that while Jellal vs OS is still very impressive, God Serena soloing the GoI is probably one of the best (if not the best) group stomping feats in FT.
Now you made me wish we could have had Jellal vs God Serena at some point of this tourney...damn it;(

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think Jellal's new cobra-like hearing/prediction power and with his meteor speed will be enough to fight laxus in a CQC. and if he can touch laxus, he can cast bind snake to render laxus immobile. Jellal can also stay in the air making it even harder for laxus to hit him. he can also cast GC without actually drawing the patterns in the sky. he could cast it like how he casted it in the TOH with just his bare hands.
That was never stated to be a power, he just said that he could hear him, you also forget that being in the sky means a potential instantaneous lightning strike is very possible, Laxus doesn't have to move to even summon lightning strikes, he also has his roar, he can use both while immobile, Jellal isn't as fast as a lightning strike, so he won't be dodging it and Laxus won't be missing because we know that his precision is next level.
That panel also shows some insane reaction speed so I'm pretty sure Laxus would land blows on Jellal in CQC and if he lands blows then Jellal is pretty much screwed because of his sub-par durability.

Last edited:

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
let's see:
Jura could hit Jella while he was in meteor with flying rocks if he can do that then somemone like Laxus who's attack is instantaneous and much faster than Jura's rocks can most cetainly hit Jellal while he's in meteor, Laxus' reaction speed and precision is unmatched after this...........

A lot of this argument is based on expectation and speculation, yes I also think his meteor has gotten faster but he hasn't displayed that yet, we need to use feats in our arguments instead of just assuming things. I'm not sure why you think he's more knowledgeable then the king of magic but whatever floats your boat, I'm not sure what that regeneration argument is meant to mean either, Eileen said that they could prove to be troublesome, she didn't say she was worried for Bradman and Larcade, not to mention you are comparing two different timelines, the OS a year ago were much weaker than they are now, if they haven't improved then Eileen most certainly wouldn't view them as a threat. We have clearly seen that some Spriggan's are far stronger than others, I think without a shadow of a doubt that God Serena outclasses Wahl, Dimaria, Bradman, Neinhart, Brandish, Jacob and Ajeel. He is one of the strongest ones, I doubt that Gajeel or Laxus would be able to solo the GOI.
If you think Jellal is your choice then that's fair enough, they're both top tier competitors and this is one of the most difficult fights for me.

I'll ask you the question then, what feats does Jellal have that say he has superior durability? What feats has he shown that even show he has comparable durability?

He tanked that. Laxus has of yet tank anything as powerful as that.

Also Laxus nuke against Azir wasn't casual as none of his feats against Whal come close that. I also think people forget Jellal also has Mystagons magic such as he mirror magic which could deflect Laxus nukes back at him. Not to mention Projection in which case he could create 2 of him selves.

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
let's see:

He tanked that. Laxus has of yet tank anything as powerful as that.

Also Laxus nuke against Azir wasn't casual as none of his feats against Whal come close that. I also think people forget Jellal also has Mystagons magic such as he mirror magic which could deflect Laxus nukes back at him. Not to mention Projection in which case he could create 2 of him selves.
sooooo you think ToH DF Natsu is spriggan 12 level now?......... Bruh.........

Edit: How the hell was Laxus' nuke not casual? Did he look like he was trying or something to you? What he was doing against Wahl was trying to get him into a Jutsu Shiki so that he could heal himself, also Red Lightning surpasses the casual nuke because there is something called attack potency, not everything has to have a big boom to be considered powerful.
Jellal can only mimic Mystogan's magic, he can't actually use it properly and he isn't casting mirror water fast enough to deflect a casual nuke which is instantaneous, he needs a couple seconds to weave the hand signs and cast the mirror water. Laxus also has thought projections, his thought projection one-shot Natsu.

Last edited:

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal one shotted Neinhart, Laxus could've killed Ajeel.

Defeating and killing are two different feats. Laxus wins because he casually used an unnamed spell to kill a spriggan 12, whereas Jellal used GC.

Laxus wins high diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.